TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started having a miss at high rpm on the freeway when I would down shift into 3rd and punch it at about 4800 it would start to miss so I would back off. I have one of those lean/rich gages from Auto Meter (yeah I know they not as good a real fuel pressure gages) so today when it happened I watched the meter and it went to LEAN. I made sure to keep my foot in it as to not have it go lean when I let off the gas. So what does that mean and where should I start to look for the problem?

Someone mentioned that it could be the KN throwing oil onto the Mass Air Meter under boost, but I cleaned that off 150 miles ago.

Should I assume it is fuel related? Fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors? Should I attach a real fuel pressure gage to the Scherader Valve on the fuel rail and see what the pressure is?

The car has an AED with 7 lb pulley on it and started to do this about 500 miles ago and this is an intermittant problem.

Thanks AEDv8sc

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Id say you are on the right track with fuel. Hook up a real gauge and measure the pressure and volume at idle and go from there. Good luck man!
-Rob

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Check your plugs...A lean condition will make them look really white. Did you change plugs when you put the SC on it? Are you running factory wires? It actually sounds like fuel to me as well but I would not rule that out (I like my rich lean guage).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check plugs. The MAN tuned it a bout a year ago, we got 355 whp. Ths just started to happen. I am first going to attach a Fpressure gage to it, check all connections and drive it and see what happens. Then I will swap in a spare EEC that I have for BS like this. As I menetioned everything was fine for over a year. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts