TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, you need to get those covers out and look at them as soon as you get them. They are for the NEWER SC seats. Anyone with old style (89-90) are going to have issues. The first thing you will notice is that the stitching is not the same. This is not a big deal really, but there are some things that ARE a big deal.

For example, the bolsters are SMALL! Your 89-90 bolsters will NOT fit. Ditto on the headrests. Second, the seat base (part that you sit on) does not seem to be long enough to cover the entire base. I am as we speak working on the back seat. I will post an update with pictures by Sunday nite.

I have already talked to Eric at Leatherseats, but he didn't have any real comments at the moment other than that ALL the seats were supposed to be made the same. Therefore anyone with older style seats - that includes you Greenbird! - will have some issues. I am getting back to Eric on Monday with the results of my attempted installation. Please do not call Leatherseats first thing Monday morning! I will try to sort it out and let everyone know the same day.

I know this news is disturbing, but since most if not all the seats have already shipped, there isn't anything you can do until I get a hold of Eric on Monday.

Thanks for your time!

David

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
WTH?! Eric asked me like 4 times to make sure I had the early style seats!

I hadn't even looked at the front seat leather yet...I have been working on the rear seat (it fits perfect). After reading your post I checked...and mine are the newer style!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After looking a little closer, you are right, and yours should fit fine. Looking at your picture, and then looking at Major Thom's, you can see the difference.

vrs.

Your bolsters are much smaller.

This just plain sucks.

Also the back seat bottom is different also. The old style does not have cutouts for the seat belts. It is solid all the way across the back.

:(

·
11,719 Posts
LOL...that is a pic of a SHO! And not even mine.

My seats are like Mager Thoms.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I am retarded. I didn't even see the rear doors. Duh.
Anyhow, did your front seat covers fit okay? What about the bottom of your back seat? Does your rear seat bottom have cutouts for the seatbelts? Could you post pictures?? I really need to know, as mine new covers are ALL SCREWED UP!

·
11,719 Posts
XR7 DAVE said:
Ok, so I am retarded. I didn't even see the rear doors. Duh.
Anyhow, did your front seat covers fit okay? What about the bottom of your back seat? Does your rear seat bottom have cutouts for the seatbelts? Could you post pictures?? I really need to know, as mine new covers are ALL SCREWED UP!
I haven't tried to put them on yet but the bolsters look too small.

The back seat does need to be cut for afew things...I haven't put hem in the car yet to see about the seatbelts.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well I'm getting the back seat fixed on mine, took it up to CFI today and he's going to take care of it, he should be calling me tomorrow to let me know what's up.

I'll keep you guys informed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, got things cleared up yesterday. Seems they WERE made in two different patterns (not one like Eric first said), and I got one of each. They got some miscommunication as to which years took which seats. The OLD style fit real well in my 89, haven't got it all done yet, but everything looks great. Trying to put a NEW style on my 90 seats sucked! They are having me send those back to be remade. So it will take a little longer, but I should get the right stuff in the end.

Just make sure you got the right ones, that's all! :)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The Premium (all leather seating surfaces) were around $750 with tax with no special instructions, if you want suede inserts or tubing it runs a little more.

-Josh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you guys get things worked out with getting the right covers? I have an '89 and got a set of the pebble ones and I had been struggling with trying to install the front seat side bolsters for about a week before I ended up taking them to an upholstery shop, which told me they were too small to fit right. I guess I have the same problem as you do then! Did they end up making new front covers for you or just change the bolster to fit properly? I'm getting ready to send my front covers back in to be fixed and was just curious what to expect. Thanks.

Regards,
Mark Rivers

·
Registered
394 Posts
Back seat covers

I just got a set of '91 SC seats for cheap and the front seats are in amazing shape but oddly enough the back isn't so great. So let me know when you get the back seat cover done.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Mark Rivers said:
Did you guys get things worked out with getting the right covers? I have an '89 and got a set of the pebble ones and I had been struggling with trying to install the front seat side bolsters for about a week before I ended up taking them to an upholstery shop, which told me they were too small to fit right. I guess I have the same problem as you do then! Did they end up making new front covers for you or just change the bolster to fit properly? I'm getting ready to send my front covers back in to be fixed and was just curious what to expect. Thanks.

Regards,
Mark Rivers
They were to small, but I made them fit, the only hook I couldn't get to work right was on the top J hooks on the bolsters, but you can't even tell.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok guys, I obviously was asleep through the first thread that went around saying someone had found someone to do seat covers...

Anyone wanting to fill me in on this?? And will they do 1990 35th anni. seats??

Anyone with the website or number for the folks??

RJ

·
11,719 Posts
kamakazie_1 said:
Ok guys, I obviously was asleep through the first thread that went around saying someone had found someone to do seat covers...

Anyone wanting to fill me in on this?? And will they do 1990 35th anni. seats??

Anyone with the website or number for the folks??

RJ
www.leatherseats.com

they will do anything your willing to pay for, except things that violate copyrights (t-bird logo, ford logo, etc)

I have 35th anny back seat covers for sale.
My Items For Sale

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Greenbird, I've seen your posts on the back seats.... My back seats are in good condition the driver and passenger are fried... I will probably end up doing all of them to make them match, but I've been looking for someone reputable to do them... Has anyone done a set of 35th from these guys yet?? Do they already know what the 35th seats are supposed to look like or do they need samples or descriptions??

RJ

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Send as many pictures as you can. Just letting you know though, they can't do stitching of brand names, like Ford, or Thunderbird logos.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was going to ask Greenbird that and forgot, XR7 Dave there posted a picture of the black seatcovers, the head rest had the FORD racing logos on them, who did that work?? Was it not these same folks that created the seatcovers??

RJ

·
11,719 Posts
Those are MagerThoms. I know that CFI didn't do the ford logo, not sure where he got the leather from.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Logos

kamakazie_1 said:
I was going to ask Greenbird that and forgot, XR7 Dave there posted a picture of the black seatcovers, the head rest had the FORD racing logos on them, who did that work?? Was it not these same folks that created the seatcovers??

RJ
Mager had those done by a local guy in around Arizona (I think). He was one of the originals on the group buy but found this guy locally to do them. They do look nice don't they.

And they don't really do OE style seat covers.

Did everyone get their's done and fixed properly?

R

1 - 20 of 29 Posts