1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
The issue is that our housings are not designed for HID or LED bulbs, and the light will scatter dramatically, reducing your overall visibility AND having the potential to blind oncoming traffic.

If you want to upgrade your lights, put HID projectors in your housings, it's not super difficult, nor expensive. Here's one of our members with a great writeup on it...

http://forums.tccoa.com/15-exterior/157233-my-96-97-projector-retrofit-write-up.html

The LED bulbs you have listed are very bright, but generate a lot of heat, thus the fans. They haven't been on the market very long, and the light needs a projector even more than the HID's for proper focusing.

Here's a great video showing halogen, HID, and LED in a great comparison in proper projection housings.

I looked into the LED conversion myself, and decided to wait till I can afford the HID kit.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
She looks like an ex-gf of mine. Only reason why I saw that video. :thumbsup:
LOL, I did appreciate her being a pretty lady, but I haven't yet seen any other side by side comparison done as well or as informative as hers.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is there a kit for the 97 tbird for HID conversion?
Like to get one
Nope, you have to get a projector that fits and install it yourself. You might be able to send off your headlights to have a company or individual do all the work for you, but its gonna add a lot to the cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts