TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever replaced their stock turn signal or brake bulbs with LED bulbs? I know LED's are more efficient and also light up faster. Do they produce as much light as regular bulbs? Just wanted to see if anyone else has purchased them before I do.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
No, they don't produce as much light as the stockers do. I have a pair of them sitting in my work room that I had in the car for a couple weeks and then almost got rearended a few times so ditched them in favor of something that lights up the entire assembly.

Sure they might come on .0000002 seconds faster, but it doesn't do no good if they can't be seen during the day.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
No, they don't produce as much light as the stockers do. I have a pair of them sitting in my work room that I had in the car for a couple weeks and then almost got rearended a few times so ditched them in favor of something that lights up the entire assembly.

Sure they might come on .0000002 seconds faster, but it doesn't do no good if they can't be seen during the day.

My son had the exact same experience with LED brake light
bulbs for his GTP. He, also, removed them....

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
If our brakelights had a difuser like the 96-97 headlights it might actually work.

The back of the package reccommends them for clear *shudder* or newer tail lamps, neither of which we fall into.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts