TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my right led tail light is a lil burnt and appears a lot lighter compared to the left side. Would I get in trouble/pulled over if i just disconnected the LED tail lights but kept the reverse light and brake lights on?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
you dont need the led panels legally. As long as your rear corners lights are on and they get brighter when signaling or braking AND the 3rd brake light works then its fine.

I drove like that for months with my last tbird.

Just keep an eye open on here or put a wtb for a 96+ led panel...lots of people have some left...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Porkchop for the fast response! The cops town over are dickheads so ill avoid crossing over there as much as possible until I can buy new LED's

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
its just a running light

you can also take out your inner front parking lights seeing how they dont flash or blink or seve any purpose...

-Mike

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
as soon as i can snag a pair of tails on the cheap (joel) i will try my hand at replacing the led strip with cold cathodes. any advice on this porky?

·
Registered
958 Posts
my 3rd brake light don't work.........i unplugged my led's.........and i took off my front registration plate, i still haven't got pulled over.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah, they will be spares. well, sorta. the ones from mine are cracked, and i will be dissecting those to see if it is possible, then i will migrate that to the good ones. (with half burned out led's)

·
Very nice... How Much?
175 Posts
as far as the cold cathodes thing sinhumane the only things is they crack easily so you lay find yourself replacing them every few bumps in your car.... or at least my cathodes break easily.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah. my worry also. but the sleaved ones shouldnt be too bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts