TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only US Ford dealer in The Netherlands told me if i want to repair the LED taillights i have to place 2 brandnew taillights (overhere about $ 300 each) ha ha, i don t think so.
I discovered some things on this site about repairing it by yourselve, but where can i buy the LED strip (made by Hewlett-Packard) which number do i have to order if my car is a 1994-1995 T-Bird:QPWR-G299, E-5041-9048 or the F2SB-13b500 and is there someone who already did the job and want to tell about it?

Thanks
Dutch T-Bird

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
hmm. your best bet may be to contact the fordparts network, and have them send you some working ones.

you can't buy the strip. I am working on a replacement as part of a school project, most likely have product out in April or May.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Hi Dutch T-Bird:

Visited your country back in 91. Had a great time, and would love to go back sometime again.

With regard to the Hewlett-Packard LED/Reflector units, they were custom made for the T-Birds, and are no longer available, unless you buy "new" ones from Ford. Even the individual LED's are not a stock design. That part number in the Tech Article is a valid number, but you cannot order them.

If you can find a working set from a junkyard (I know - Holland), or have someone here ship you a couple working used ones, there aren't too many other choices left.

I suppose you could cut the back of them open, and try to see what went wrong on the circuit board to make the LED's go out.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
They have a strip you can add, but it's aftermarket, at Auto Zone. Went by there and they have a 1.5' led strip you can get for like $20, and some flashing led (Night Rider) srips, $20 for pair, but the first one has a harness you can put it on inside roof. I'd only do that with tint.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My right side tail light just went and it looks like crap. I will eventually break down and buy one from ford. $278.00 :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts