TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any luck with an LED upgrade that has a workaround for the black plastic locking ring? The LED kits with the fans will not allow the ring to be installed. Thanks

I have a '95 SC AT AC

·
Registered
398 Posts
I never tried for the high/low beam; however, I installed a relay to use the inboard parking lights as DRLs with LED bulbs.

Yes, I'd prefer to have LED low beams, too, but I'm not convinced (yet) that an LED in a reflector designed for an incandescent bulb wouldn't cause unwanted dark spots, etc.

Sylvania makes 9007 LED bulbs, but I haven't seen anyone using them here. They do have a quality appearance.

·
Administrator
14,681 Posts
Anyone have any luck with an LED upgrade that has a workaround for the black plastic locking ring? The LED kits with the fans will not allow the ring to be installed. Thanks

I have a '95 SC AT AC
See this thread and quit double posting.

·
Registered
430 Posts
These newer models do not require mods. They bolt in and already indexed to give a stock beam pattern on my 97. I believe the 95 headlights clock the bulbs in the same position.

Stark Industries 9007/HB5 NS Series [UPGRADED] 80W LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6000K White IP68 Waterproof https://a.co/d/dthbqw9

1 - 4 of 4 Posts