TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Lentech 4R70W transbrake installed this past weekend. It is NOT a manual valvebody…rather, it is fully automatic and is controlled by the cars stock (with SCT tune of course!) computer. It can be launched from 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear (in other words, you don’t have to be in first gear in order to use the transbrake) and requires nothing different to put the car into reverse.

I installed an inline 5 amp fuse, an arming switch, and a Moroso transbrake button.

I believe Kdanner and VicRattlehead have this same or similar transbrake, but mine is the first one installed and operational to my knowledge.

Initial testing of the transbrake was good, as it held fine @ WOT without budging the car until transbrake button release. On a side note, my 4200 stall converter that I have been footbraking up to this point actually stalls at 4600 RPM!

I have not had the opportunity to test at the track yet, hopefully this weekend @ Bowling Green.

Darrin Burch from BC Automotive handled the transbrake installation as well as upgrading my BC Automotive 4R70W to a 4 plate reverse setup to handle the transbrake. Thanks again Darrin.

Matt Hill from Matt Hill Motorsports is handling the SCT tune and trans parameter adjustments. I will most likely datalog this coming weekend at the track providing the datalogger cooperates. I also purchased this valve body through Matt Hill Motorsports…thanks Matt.

More to follow……………..stay tuned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me know how that trans brake works out....
I may go that route on my next trans.
Darrin does nice work.

Do you hav any pictures of your arming switch set up and
trans brake button?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see if I can find the pictures I took, got em somehwre on this computer, lol. It's just a simple on/off switch...nothing fancy. I mounted it just in front of the shift handle and the transbrake button I installed on the console, just above the fog light switch area.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
jeff you get to the track yet?

and where are thoes pics and where did you get your button from. i still need to get one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts