TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather then buy an SC or another v8 car I figured I would just update the n/a one a little....

I still have to put the GFX on and get the car painted but I'm being lazy and its damn cold out

·
Registered
927 Posts
When it warms up, fix your wheels.:gapteeth:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Your back wheel goes on the other side of the car. I didn't mean to make fun.

·
Registered
927 Posts
That is an SC front bumper? If so, are you going to put the SC stuff all around, or aftermarket? I'm sure it'll look great when you're done.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats an SC front bumper and I bought new complete cornering lights for $12 a set !

I fixed the rear wheels (went back to the tire guy)

When its warmer I will sand and paint the wheels

I changed the trunk since the original one you couldnt find a spot to stick a magnet to (and it was starting to crack)

Next I have to get the door window straightened out (debating on putting on a new set of doors (have two extra sets) or just having it repaired at a glass shop

I have all the GFX and the rear bumper which need to be painted and also a set of new headlights which will go on when its a little warmer

I asked at the tire shop about putting struts on the car (I have Gabriel Ultras brand new in the trunk for front and rear)

He told me $70 installation each !! I told him go scratch

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Sure it'll look great when you're done! If I had a 95 or older I'd have it looking like an SC in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm just going to put the side GFX on. Did a test fit today, and I think I can make it work and keep the 96-97 Cladding.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Where are you going to get it painted?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
never mind, it must have been some one else's 93

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know where to get it painted... Maaco is the cheapest choice, but I hate to have the bumper paint come off in a month

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Tech college? I can get my painted here cheap. Had my brother install the 6 shocks at school, free. Regreased the bearings, ground the rotors, replaced the brakes.

Cost of parts (6 used Rancho shocks, brakes, seals): $135
Cost of labor: $0
Having a brother to do all the work for you for free: Priceless :D

·
Registered
7,557 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
With Google:
http://www.newyorkadi.com/home.html
http://www.apextechnical.com/main.htm
http://www.trade-schools.net/new-york-automotive-diesel/default.asp

I'm sure there's more, but you get the idea. I'd talk to them and see if they need project vehicles for painting. Then ask how much they charge.

My brother, who is in automotive so he didn't have to pay the minimal labor charges, painted some sideskirts, a fender, and a bumper for about $130. He did a real nice job too. He said it would have cost about $500 to paint the whole car. I don't think it would be too expensive if you aren't a student. And you'll more than likely get a paint job 10x better than any MAACO paint job at a little more for cost.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool thanks for the info I'm working on changing the trunk lock now...

The old blue trunk had like a 1/4 inch of bondo on it around the lock I actually took a drill to it it was so thick

1 - 20 of 117 Posts