TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this pipe/hose on my 96 Thunderbird 3.8L.. Its on the passenger side shock tower,, it looks to come from the charcoal canister/purge valve.

However,, in the underhood sticker it says it goes to a THERMISTOR,, I dont remember seeing any thermistor.

So the question is,, IS it a straight hose to vacuum? or is there something in line of that?

Thanx,
Brad M

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Purge Flow Sensor is also known as the Thermistor. There is a Sensor, a Valve, and the Canister, I don't remember the path or the sequence that the line goes to, on my 97 from te back of the upper plenum it is hose, hard plastic line alone cam cover, rubber across to shock tower, metal along frame rail, rubber to inner fender, SENSOR rubber hose to VALVE, rubber hose to CANISTER, then the line that goes from the canister to the tank. I am pretty sure that is the way it is.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flow Sensor huh,, have to look in the pile of part for that.

If anyone has a pic of the underhood of a 3.8L 96/97 thunderbird let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just hooked it up to straight vacuum.. I dont see any electronic plung-in type sensor,, looks to just be something that is temp controlled (explains therm-istor)

I would still like to get that thermistor inline so maybe a trip to the junkyard is in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts