TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying a Tippmann gun instead of just renting them at the course. I have narrowed the choices down to 3

-Tippmann 98 Custom Pro (rentals are just plain jane 98's)
-Tippmann A-5 w/ Response trigger
-Tippmann X-7 w/ Apex Barrel

My buddy has an A-5 and it was pretty good, and A guy I played with had a X-7 and I was impressed by it. I have about $400 to drop on a gun and gear.

Opinions??

·
Registered
874 Posts
I myself own a tipmann A-5 and have well over 600 in upgrades, including having the gun sent to a gun smith to have him smooth and polish the inner chamber. but all in all stock for stock, i choose the tipmann A-5, easy to field strip, the cyclone force feed is pretty sweet when you get alittle trigger happy. my gun will do atleast 27bps if not more and not once has it skipped a beat. broken a few balls but thats expected. thats just my $.02

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a-5 with flatline and e-grip....period
I found an A-5 with the e-grip, but it has the apex barrel, which I like and various other things like a remote kit and stuff for $300 so i might just get that

·
Registered
37 Posts
A-5's are great, def moving up alot of notches for a beginner gun., Downside to the A-5's is the cyclone addition is a gas hog, I ran a a-5 for a few months with this setup till I moved the cyclone feeder over to my x7, x7 is a great gun too, but I just switched 2 months ago to a BT delta elite, the rip clip is a nice design as it does not use gas and instead batteries, tippmans or BT's get my vote when it comes to paintball, well for woodsball and some scenerios, if its close combat I borrow 2 tac 8 pistols with quick feed clips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts