TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing a letter in response to the recent luxo-barge shootout. I'd recommend some of the TCCoA members do the same for continuation of heavy weight cars duking it out on the pages of their magazine. They've run shootouts like this for a few years now and I always enjoy reading up on the results(even if they are a ****ty run of slow cars compared to other members here).

Here's some of my letter:

Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
365 West Passaic Street
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662

Subject: Luxobarge Shootout

Dear MM&FF,

I am extremely happy to see that the heavy-weights are being given a chance to grace the pages of your magazine. It¡¦s not that often you find a modified T-bird or MarkVIII roaming the streets here in Illinois. I¡¦ve owned my 1996 T-bird Sport for five years now. With the help of many car clubs and friends I have finally started to piece my car together. Here are some tidbitsƒº. The majority of these parts are purchased and construction is taking place right now in my spare time. It will all be done by April 2004. 2002 GT short block (stock), Powder coated Bullitt intake manifold, PI torque converter, Modified 4R70W, Dynotech metal matrix driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Cobra pumpkin, Super Coupe axles, TruBendz.com 2.5¡¨ dual exhaust, 4.50¡¨ bolt pattern swap, 13¡¨ Cobra front brakes, Vogtland custom springs, Bilstein shocks, custom subframes and much more¡K.mostly suspension and handling related items. I¡¦m shooting for mid 12¡¦s on the spray tipping the scales at ~4100 pounds.

I¡¦m very interested in being a part of a Thunderbird/Cougar or heavy-weight shootout. Currently I am the Illinois Chapter Director for the TCCoA (Thunderbird and Cougar Club of America). I¡¦ve been a part of this club the entire time I¡¦ve owned my car. Although I¡¦m located in the Midwest I would have no problems driving my car out East for a shootout.

Please continue these events! The Midwest is a hot spot for these big boats. I take pride in joy in mine even if part shopping is frustrating. It¡¦s good to know that other people have the berries and patience to try something different. I¡¦ve attached a couple pictures of my car from WFC 2003.

Sincerely,

Todd Drefcinski
TCCoA Illinois Chapter Director
[email protected]
1996 T-bird Sport
2003 SVT Focus

·
Registered
453 Posts
The tccoa did get mentioned in the tech section. Alse last issue was a sc tbird shootout. I Still think they could find some faster cars. Most of the shootouts are done in NJ probably for convieance

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
maybe they should be invited to the next mn12 nats ...

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping that posting some of my letter would encourage others to send them a note. I do believe they need faster cars. The stuff in the shootout isn't all that impressive if you ask me.

If you feel like it....draft a letter to those guys at MM&FF using the address above. That's the one listed in the article.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
make that TWO 3.8L of fury. I hope to have my vortech sometime in the summer :D and I'm deffinetely up for a midwest shootout. Todd, me you Mike and Dubbsy should all get in contact w/ eachother soon and set something up. And ChadG BETTER be there hehe.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Im all for it. I'll send you an email tomorrow and we'll see what we can get set up. Even if its just our little group it could be a great time.

I also have a post about it on Tcats if you havnt seen it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thomas said:
make that TWO 3.8L of fury. I hope to have my vortech sometime in the summer :D and I'm deffinetely up for a midwest shootout. Todd, me you Mike and Dubbsy should all get in contact w/ eachother soon and set something up. And ChadG BETTER be there hehe.
-Thomas
I heard my name......

I didn't do it!

heh, you know where to get ahold of me Thomas....
Although, right now, Amp might be your guy (I'm working on Dyno Tune 2004 now [there goes the next 6 months of my life..] :) )

-jw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts