TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning to go to class and noticed that my plate was gone. I know it was there yesterday morning because I got something out of my trunk. I have already gotten a police report.
THE BAD PART:
I have to go home this weekend. 180miles away, across the greater half of the state. My car is licensed at home, Daviess County. Im currently living (as a student) in Lexington, Fayette Co. The courthouse told me that they don't give a temporary plate or anything and this is my only means of transportation. IM SCREWED! If I get pulled over, its up to the officer if I get ticketed or not.
The officer that took the report today told me that in my area (which is not all that rough but its not the best either) that this happens alot. Its usually the Hispanics that cannot get a license that take them and put them on their cars. If I see my plate, Ill be calling the police and getting that ****** sent home.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'm guessing KY is a state that only issues one plate?
You got a copy of the police report? That would probably be good enough.

You could print out a plate matching your stolen plate number.

http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

·
Registered
513 Posts
You should be fine as long as you have the case number.
you could also write tag stolen on put it on the back window.

It worked pretty well for me and I had to drive thru three states.
Only got pulled over once and he let me go.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I drove from St. Louis to Parsons KS with no tag when I bought my car. No one even batted an eye at me. Of course no Officers even got behind me either.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called and found out that my police report was available, so to cover my a$$ I went and spent the 10cents on it. My mother got me a new plate yesterday in O'boro and faxed me the registration. I made it home last night just fine. I have a new plate with new tamper proof hex screws holding it in. Thanks for easing my mind guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts