TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a set of Nitto NT-555 Extreme ZRs. What experiences have people had with them (wear, noise, handling, ride, etc)?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I've got NT555's.. Without the R... From Cudaz101... Don't remember the price
but it was cheap.. At least compared to here...

And after two seasons I'm very happy... Don't see any wear on them
and they grip like crazy... Don't know how those two combine but
i like it.. And VERY silent! Eventhough I've got 275 in the rear I don't hear
them at all.. My dad got 245's for his Firebird and he says the samt thing..
Very silent..

I recommend them!

//Per

·
Registered
92 Posts
i ran a 555 (original recipe not that drag one) for a while. as previously stated above, same results grip like crazy and very very minimal wear. quiet as hell. suprisingly good wet traction too. after the wear i was used to with my old kuhmos and sumitomos it was very suprising. i was just resigned to the fact that you had to sacrifice fast wear for good grip.

i wouldve bought another set of 555's but now i run a 7.5 wide rim and i can only find the proper size to fit in a 450 series :rolleyes:

from my experiances i think they are a good tire.

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
I'll second what Insomniac said................I'm running 245/45/17.............I absolutely love them !

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the positive input. I ordered NT-555s for my car today.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got my wheels, got the NT-555s mounted, and have driven a couple hundred miles so far. My very strong first impression is: boy are these tires quiet! Which several people said, but I have now experienced for myself. Traction seems to be decent dry and OK in the wet. Ride is a little harsh compared to the stock size Bridgestones I was running, but certainly acceptable given the improved looks, grip, etc. Worth the bucks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts