TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the places I bolted the chains to in the picture below strong enough to lift the engine and transmission together? I just was trying to find a good way to attach the leveler and that is about all I could come up with. I have some brakets that where made to lift a 4.6L engine which attach to the lift points on the front left and right rear of the engine (One can be seen in the picture of the back of the engine), and they work great, except I'm almost positive they won't fit on the engine while it's in the car, thus making it impossible to use them to take the engine out or put the new one in.

Input/suggedtions are welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoops... bad timing... You must've looked while I had my server offline while testing a PIX firewall... they should be there now...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Ive picked several up like that b4 on the front but im not sure about the rear attachment spot.... ive always used the bolt hole where the engine hoist is.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I used the same bolt holes in front....no probs. On the back I used the same bolt holes that the upper stand bolts are in (in your pic) with a heavy duty come-along hooked over the bolts. Worked great.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I used those same holes but I removed the intake before the install. I also left the trans in place though

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or what if I pulled the top two transmission bolts and then put them back with the chains attached? I would be more comfortable doing it like that so both front and back have a rather strong hold point.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah......that would work. Also, to give ya alittle more room, and I forgot to mention it earlier, remove the intake....it'll give ya more room to work with. If you're worried about something getting dropped into the intake ports on the heads.....just put a strip and tape across them.

Enjoy the fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts