TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone, if anyone has ever had the desire to call me an idiot, feel free to now.

Unfortunately last night around 9:45 pm or so Jessica went up against an immovable object, and the light pole won. :( Her backside is not looking pretty now. I'll have pics up soon, but I'm going to need a new trunklid and rear bumper cover. I did a pretty good job.

Pennsyfan or any UCF people if you want to see firsthand how stupid I am my car will be on the top deck of the Gym Parking Garage in about thirty minutes until about 3:20, so feel free to stop on by and check it out.

BTW, pennsyfan, I saw that key mark on your car today. That sucks man :(

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
wow....what happened?

circumstances leading to the poling :confused:

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well some friends and I went out to the pool hall after meeting at the Air Force Detachment (that's why my car was there). I was riding with my friend in his absolutely beautiful '93 Mustang LX 5.0 5-spd. and he brought me back up to my car and I hopped in. Usually don't park in this spot, it's weird. The pole was about 5 feet to my left and about 15 feet back. I began to back up and turn so that my nose would be facing opposite the pole. I always look back when I back up, but somehow I didn't see the pole. Probably a number of circumstances; it was night and the concrete pole blended in to the concrete wall, I don't think the light was on but I'm not sure, unfamiliar part of the parking garage, and I was just not thinking clearly I guess. Right as I was about to drop it down into drive, I heard that awful crunching sound. Hopefully the damage is only superficial, but I won't really find out until this weekend when I get home and go in to work (the dealership).

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Ouch dude. You smoked a pole! Polesmoker!

I had my car slide down a hill (ice if you know what that is) and stop when it hit a tree with the back bumper, and did little or no damage.

You weren't so lucky. Hope you can get it fixed reasonably priced.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Well it doesn't look that bad, can't tell from the pics, but you need a new trunk lid (unless that can be fixed) a new driverside light/reflector panel, and a repaint on the bumper, Might also need to replace the crush material under the bumper cover.

I think at some point in time most of use have done something that we regret, but that isn't a reason to be called an idiot, let those who havent ever done anything stupid at one point in time, cast the first stone. Then let the rest of us throw stones at that person :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thats alot better then having some *** in a forklift or some kind of construction equipment tearing a 1 foot gash in your back panel and then denting it. That happened to my friend when he got off work and went to go to his car, no one fessed up to it so now he is stuck with a crappy looking vehicle.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's not really as bad as it could've been I guess. I could have hit another car or even worse a person. That is a good thing. I am definitely going to have to get a new trunklid, which I guess finally gives me a valid excuse to get a spoiler. I just talked to my dad and he asked me if I intentionally backed into the pole so I could ditch the luggage rack LOL...

I'm just joking around about the idiot thing of course, I just feel like a complete idiot. Yesterday completely sucked...got up at 7:30 for my last econ test, all I had to do was get an A to get an A for the semester, and what do I do? I get a B. There goes my friggin 4.0 I've worked for the past two years. Then this happens. Sure, the day could have been much worse. I realize that. But it's the worst day that I've had in awhile.

Sorry about the quality of the pics, it's a VGA (.3 MP) camera and the pics were taken last night.

I'm hoping the only reason the trunklid doesn't close right is because the trunklid itself is damaged, and that nothing else is bent underneath. Now I'm off to pull my sub out of my trunk just to be safe....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
:zsoapbox: [rant] I have never in my life heard of so many stupid stupid accidents until I came to this site. This is not about the original poster in particular. This is about the 20 or so stupid accidents that have caused the creation of new topics only in the last couple of months. Accidents where the only one at fault is the freaking driver for being so careless! What the heck is going on with you people? Did you ever go to driving school or take a defensive driving course? One accident that comes to mind is driving down the street and just smashing into the back of a parked car in broad daylight. Another one where someone is driving down the road and just hits a car from behind in traffic because they weren't paying attention. I don't get it. Why are there so many poor drivers here? Is it youth? [/end rant]

·
Registered
890 Posts
dude, chill...............I like to think of this site as a super-support group for the MN12 set. I don't think we come here to be chastised.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Peace

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4point6r0x0rz said:
:zsoapbox: [rant] I have never in my life heard of so many stupid stupid accidents until I came to this site. This is not about the original poster in particular. This is about the 20 or so stupid accidents that have caused the creation of new topics only in the last couple of months. Accidents where the only one at fault is the freaking driver for being so careless! What the heck is going on with you people? Did you ever go to driving school or take a defensive driving course? One accident that comes to mind is driving down the street and just smashing into the back of a parked car in broad daylight. Another one where someone is driving down the road and just hits a car from behind in traffic because they weren't paying attention. I don't get it. Why are there so many poor drivers here? Is it youth? [/end rant]
Originally posted by Joel
I think at some point in time most of use have done something that we regret, but that isn't a reason to be called an idiot, let those who havent ever done anything stupid at one point in time, cast the first stone. Then let the rest of us throw stones at that person
You can say that you didn't say this about me all you want, but I would then ask why post it in this thread? You have no reason to get worked up into a soapbox rant. Have you ever done anything wrong before? I guess not by the way you are talking.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No reason to get worked up, everyone makes a mistake once in a while. A little over a year ago I had one of those stupid accidents and lost control of a fishtail smashing the front end of the car into a light pole support beam. Ended up paying around $200 out of pocket to fix it....Everyone makes mistakes, no reason for anyone to get worked up about it.

Hang it there, get it fixed, and don't beat yourself up over it.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not beating myself up over it, although I have been pissed today...I was far more worried/critical of myself when I backed my dad's Explorer into a beast of a mailbox last year.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Everyone screws up once in awhile. I was backing out of my girlfriend's driveway and hit her mom's Mustang in the rear scoop area with the side of my car, the left fender. It left paint damage on her car, no dents, but on my car I had (still have) a large crease. No paint damage though, probably due to the thick layer of synthetic wax I keep on her!

·
Registered
144 Posts
dang, I caught the dumpster by millican hall with one of the sides of my car and now i have a nice ding above my right rear tire, I was not very happy the rest of the day. Sorry about your car, we have a couple of banged up mn12s around here now. Hey, look on the bringht side, you have something to do over the winter break.

did you get that in a UCF parking lot?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, the parking garage where you always park and I usually do, on the fourth floor. I parked over on the opposite corner from where you do last night, in that section where I was parked with my nose right at the drop off above the ramp coming up from the 3rd floor, if that makes any sense.

You caught that dumpster today?

Yeah I have something to do over winter break, but not something I wanted to do. I've already got the Explorer swap scheduled to begin in two weeks, among other things (trans work, TC, exhaust)...so here is money, time and effort I wasn't expecting on spending. The other stuff is still a go, it just makes my Christmas break a little busier and damages my pride of course :cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
You caught that dumpster today?
I got the dumpster about 2-3 weeks ago...

As for parking on the ramp, I avoid doing that at all possible costs, It seems like a pain if there is a crowd too.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
4point6r0x0rz said:
You know what? You just pissed me off. :redmad:

If you don't like reading about our "stupid" accidents, then LEAVE!

Do you really think we're going to post every single day about how we went to the parts store, and got back home in one piece? NO! We're not acting like we're driving bumper cars!

And you know what else! Maybe you should be thanking God that all of these "stupid" wrecks didn't KILL ANYONE!!!!

Yeah, my wreck was stupid. Broad daylight, 5 mph, but you know what? I'm alive, my 1 year old son is alive. We weren't hurt at all. My husband didn't have to be sent home to attend a DOUBLE FUNERAL!!!!!!

So, does it really matter how stupid the wreck was? NO! :rant:

--Molly

P.S. I'd LOVE to see your driving record!!!! :rant:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wow that sucks Palmguy, i hope you get it fixed up, at least its not too bad and looks to be just visual damage. We all make mistakes, well...everyone except for 4point6roxorz...hes perfect apparently, *bows in humility and reverence to Mr Perfect*.

Greg

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Well, I plowed into a parked trailer on Thanksgiving. All it takes it to not pay attention for a matter of seconds and your life can change. BELIEVE ME! When you jump a 93 Grand Prix 5' off the groun, 110yds into a field, you learn to pay attention.

How old are you 4point6z0rs (or however you choose to use that gay "1337 speak" that you choose), I think you'll find that most of our members are your age or generally older than you. Seriously, you're going to tell us you've never done ANYTHING stupid in your life, not just driving your car. You've never sped, never raced, never anything like that.....sure....we believe you....NOT.

I agree with Molly completely and totally. If you ever need a new guy, keep me in mind Molly. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
you pole hitter lol don't feel bad one night at my friends house we got all fired up about our cars and who could do the best burn out and so one well i got crazy and got my car sideways and went off the road and hit a tree not hard thank my front bumper poped right out and looks like it did befor but the nose oh my hood was messed up so got a ram air hood i hope you get it fixed it didn't look that bad but i take it the pole won that fight

1 - 20 of 36 Posts