TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting some drving/fog lights, and I wanted some input. I've got it narrowed down to 2 options.

Option #1: Hella FF75

Option #2: Hella Optilux 2020

I originally wanted the 2020's, but I've since reconsidered the FF75's because I wanted to use the SC switch. However, If I go with the 2020's, I'll have the best of both worlds (driving and fog lights). I do a lot of driving in the country too, si I was considering driving lights as well.

Basically, it all boils down to which would be the better lights (brighter, distance, etc)?

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i just made the same decision for myself. I was pretty confused which ones to get becuase the 2020s do both, but the FF75s get so much praise. So i talked to scott and he told me that the 2020s are made by optilux which was bought out by Hella and the FF75 is an all Hella made product. Also the 2020s use an H3 bulb and the FF75 uses an H7 bulb which from i understand is a better bulb. I went with the FF75s becuase my silverstar high beams are bright enough so i dont need anymore outward lighting.

My ff75s acutally just got here today and they seem to be a very quality product, they have a glass lens too.

good luck

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
If you want the FF75s, I know you can get them from Scott (KornHaus) for about $50 plus shipping, in either fog or driving light beams. On ebay, good luck finding fog lights, but you can usually find driving lights for about $40. Fog lights have a short wide beam pattern that stays low. Driving lights are a narrow long beam, to illuminate the road far ahead. Fogs are considered like low beam, drivings are considered like high beams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts