TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
If you want to use a manifold-mounted style blower, you need to get one of the kits such as AED, SVO, or KB that come with the new manifold. The only way to supercharge with the stock intake manifold is with a centrifugal blower.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The lightning SC with its top mounted inlet is probably not the best SC to use. You can buy an '03 cobra m112 for about $1000. Then get someone to machine an intake to mount the supercharger on. I'm not sure how cost effective this whole thing will be if you buy all of the parts individually. Good luck on whatever you do though.

Russell

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
The cheapest I have seen lately is that Vortech KD was selling....don't know if he still has it though.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
the lightning blower in question, available at karkraft for $895 will not fit on , or under the hood of a Bird... I know, I measured and figure it would stick up 10 inches through a stock hood, or about 5+ inches through mine.The manifold thats integral to that unit, kinda sorta, "could" possibly be altered to fit a 4.6, if you are or know a genius machinist, but add in all the other stuff to make it work would be both pricey and difficult...There are easier and cheaper solutions that are proven; AED, and a lotta centrifical units for 4.6 stangs come readily to mind... good luck

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
The Vortech kit is still available. I also have an 03 Cobra blower available. Search the classifieds here for them if interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts