TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question if I get better headlight wires can I get more light out of the headlights I want some high intensity ones but that are legal where can I get them and the light bulbs this is for a 97 thunderbird

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Sylvania Silverstar lights are probably the brightest you can put in 100% legally. If you wanted to upgrade from there you might have to run all your own replacement wiring, 16 gauge or bigger. Also, go to www.tccoa.com and check the most wanted page and look at the replacement wire harnesses, I'm not sure if they're bigger gauged wire or not

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ya. I went with Silverstars and wired in a pair of foglights connected with diodes from the high/low beams to a relay. They work great, and definitely better than the stock bulbs. The Silverstars were $23 shipped, brand new, from eBay. Don't know if you can get that cheap.

Here are a bunch of the dual-beam 9007 bulbs that work for 94-97 Birds and at least 91-97 Cougars:
Link edited: http://search-desc.ebay.com/Silverstar-9007_Parts-Accessories_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsacatZ6028QQftsZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

Check lowest price first. I'd go with the ones with the auctions lasting only a couple hours. You can get them around $20+shipping. Make sure it's a pair, not just one.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
yea that is cheap. at advance they r 50 bucks a pair! wow. but bright.

·
Registered
598 Posts
93pimpin said:
Here are a bunch of the dual-beam 9006 bulbs that work for 94-97 Birds and at least 91-97 Cougars:
My 94 Bird uses the 9007 lights, and I believe all 94-97's do. You can also buy a wiring harness like this one to use the high watt bulbs.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Oh, ya, crap. I get mixed up on all those. I meant 9007. You'll wanna get the 9007 not the 9006. Hope nobody bought the wrong ones... The earlier Bird ones, 89-93 were 9005/9006.

Edited the link. It's right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts