TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does my 1996 Tbird have a light for when cruise is on? Or is mine burn't out...there seems to be many extra ligths in there that do not light up because of options that my car does not have but it does have cruuise control.

Also is there any light bilbs around the headlight switch.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yes, there should be a green "cruise" light for when the cruise is being used. (not when its switched on, but when it is active). I think there is a light around your headlight switch to.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I need to replace all the bulbs in there when I pull the cluster out so I do not have to mess with it anymore.

And you say there is some light on the Headlight switch..mine does not glow at all.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I think so. I've never really looked at it, and I've always had the auto lamp feature. But there should be a bulb behind the switch that lights up small green letters and maybe a spot on the switch itself.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the auto lamp feature also but I never use it, but when I turn my lights on there is no lights at all around the HS or that small panel at all.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I'll look at mine when I get home tonight, so I'll know for sure. I really can't remember about the light switch. But I KNOW there is a cruise indicator.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The word is there on the bottom of the cluster but is does not light up?

Do any Tbirds???

Why would the words be there but not light up??

·
5,650 Posts
The words aren't even there. Trust me, there is nothing on the 96 cluster that even resembles the words "Cruise" or anything else. The only indicator lights on there are:

Battery, ABS, Security, Brake, High Beam, Firm Ride (Used w/Super Coupes), Seatbelt, Check Engine, Airbag, O/D Off and Check Guages

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea, he's right. I just got it straight from Scott Hrbacek, Gauge guru. There is no Cruise light on the 96 panel.

I hate being wrong. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts