TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to put a different engine in my bird and beleive I'm going to use the 4.6 dohc out of the Mark VIII as a substitute for the cobra because it's readily available from junkyards around here. I was just wondering, since I doubt they make performace parts for the lincoln, I could use aftermarket cobra parts, right?

P.S. Is there also a dohc 5.4L? Is that a good performance engine?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello
As far as i know the only difference is the cams and the intake. So i think underdrives will work definatly keene bell makes a sc for it. Headers obviouly dont work, electric water pump will work. Thats all i am pretty sure on for now.

Will

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
i thought the dohc 5.4 wont even fit in a bird..... either a 4.6 dohc, or a 5.4 sohc...but the dohc 5.4 wouldnt fit

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
mechman1984 said:
Yeah there are those but other then that i dont know of anyone else that makes them.

Will
Someone else made a run of them but I don't know if they have made any mroe sense, but if you want to ditch the stock manifolds, definitely go with the Kooks. I'm not even going to say who the other place was, just go with the Kooks if you want to ditch the stockers.

·
Registered
476 Posts
From what i have seen the frpp headers hit the steering shaft but they clear fine on the passengers side. Other then that they fit fine from what i heard.

Will

1 - 12 of 12 Posts