TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, is there any web sites or forums for the lincoln ls? was there a sport model offered for any of the years? and any known issues with any of the years they were produced? thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
hi, is there any web sites or forums for the lincoln ls? was there a sport model offered for any of the years? and any known issues with any of the years they were produced? thanks.

Yes, yes and yes.

LvC is a good one, as is LLSOC ( you need to pay for alot of the good info however ).

I believe sport was offered on all LS's. Easy way to identify them from the exterior is a non-sport has chrome strips on the front and rear bumpers (at least 00-02). Sport doesn't. Interior, main difference is the SST shifter (sport has the option to select what gear you want by either going forward or backwards, non sport has the standard PRNDL style shifter)

Issues... V8's (00-02 or 03) had really crappy valve covers that leaked oil onto the ignition coils which shorted them out and caused misfires. 00 had ball joint issues (recall issued by FMC), 03 has compatibility issues with aftermarket adapters for the radio.

Speak with Palmguy concerning the 03+ body style, as he owns one currently (and is selling it right now). http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=93560 Free plug for ya Brian.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
whats an LS? :zwall:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Don't buy one, they'll nickel+dime you. Rather they'll $500 and $1000 you on repairs.

Nice cars though, when they aren't needing work :rolleyes:.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Don't buy one, they'll nickel+dime you. Rather they'll $500 and $1000 you on repairs.

Nice cars though, when they aren't needing work :rolleyes:.

I wouldn't want one that isn't under warranty, that's for sure...mine has had several expensive warranty repairs done, I'd have hated to have to pay for them out of pocket (trans repair at 15k, full brake replacement (calipers, rotors, pads at all 4 corners), a few coils...)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts