TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a new DD (too keep the SC'd cat pristine and miles off my Aspen). Have been looking for a 96-97 bird or cat sport, but keep finding rust buckets. How's the Lincoln LS reliability? Preferably the 3.0 engines. First of all, anyone own one? Is the mileage decent? Changing plugs or anything relatively routine a pain?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The LS isn't a good daily in my opinion. Their gas miles suck.. 15 city / 22 highway. The similar Taurus gets 18 / 25. You can load up a Taurus to be just as fancy as the LS. Parts would be much cheaper as well.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
My neighbor owns an 04 LS 3.0 V6. For the most part its pretty reliable. About the most for repairs I have done is change the plugs .. had a couple COPs go bad, and then the IMRCs in the intake manifold leak at the O rings. Not too bad to change, maybe 30 minutes to remove the intake manifold and replace parts / get to the COPs. 5r55w transmission is a little more tricky to change fluid, needs to be at the correct temp to check fluid level or with a scanner, filling it up with a pump to get fluid into the pan. When you get a misfire the electronics really go haywire, like the throttle control, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts