TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lincoln LS ignition locked!!!

My buddies mom has a Lincoln LS v6 and he went to move it for her and put the key in the ignition and it wouldnt turn. He also stated that the steering wheel was locked. He yanked on it for a while but to no avail. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

EDIT: I talked to him after he got off of work and he said the steering wheel WAS NOT locked, but the ignition wont turn.

C.Hill

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said he did that but it was late last night and he didnt know how hard he turned it. I told him some Fords you really have to crank on it. I just didnt know if there was anything else anyone knew of. Thanks

C.Hill

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to my buddy after he got off of work and he said that in fact the wheel WAS NOT in fact locked, it is able to move freely and will not lock, but the ignition won't turn. Sorry for the confusion. Any clues?

C.Hill

·
Registered
917 Posts
lock cylinder

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, the lock cylinder in those cars tend to go bad. He needs to try and jiggle the key in and up and down motion while turning. This won't last (if it works at all, depends on how far gone it is) though, it really probably needs a locksmith and a new cylinder.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the lock cylinder in those cars tend to go bad. He needs to try and jiggle the key in and up and down motion while turning. This won't last (if it works at all, depends on how far gone it is) though, it really probably needs a locksmith and a new cylinder.

I gave him that advice and he did that along with jamming it in the ignition real hard and it worked, and he is going to take it over to the dealer Thanks for your help.

C.Hill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts