TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say, I know there was some mention here a while back about putting LS wheels on an MN12 but I remember that the offset seemed a little out of range, so could someone refresh my memory... Will these fit w/o any modifications?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yes, they will work. The offset is a little goofy, but doesn't cause any real problems. A guy on SCCOA has them on his SC and they look great!

Thomas

·
8,239 Posts
I know the offset is one number off.

Either the tbird has 39 offset, and the LS wheel has 40 offset.

Or the LS wheel has 39 offset, and the Tbird has 40 offset.

Can somebody fill me in?

Justin

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
And the 39 and 40 stands for millemeters, right?

So do they stick in, or out?

I just bought a set, so I'm concerned :).

Another question on the topic - I'm not sure wether they are 7", or 7.5" - what's the widest tire for them - probably 245, right? And sidewall ratio? 45? It's a 17" wheel.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
bird have 39mm, and DEW98's have 40mm

If you can tell the difference between a 39mm offset and a 40mm offset from more than 10 feet away, you must have 20/10 vision.

btw, more offset = farther in, more tucked

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Gotcha - thanks Greeny :).

Yeah, you'd NEVER be able to see a 1mm difference.

·
Registered
117 Posts
MercCougarXR7 said:
And the 39 and 40 stands for millemeters, right?

So do they stick in, or out?

I just bought a set, so I'm concerned :).

Another question on the topic - I'm not sure wether they are 7", or 7.5" - what's the widest tire for them - probably 245, right? And sidewall ratio? 45? It's a 17" wheel.
I say stay around 27" od, you will be glad you did, it all depends on the tire maker. I say use BFG KDWS 255/50 , they are much better for our american Heft, i learned the long way, these are the greatest tires ive had, and they are ranged from 7-10" width, and 27.1 " od. on back and 245/45 on front , they will all be 255/50 when worn out.
take a look
http://members.tccoa.com/m10n/dps.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts