TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know anything about the 1997 mark VIII 32v intech motor? what kind of power does it have? and can i fit it into my 95 thunderbird? how does it compare to other motors like a regular DOHC mark VIII or LSC, or the mountaineer or explorer motor. also is the tranny the same? im gonna see what i can come up with on a search.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Intech is the "regular" DOHC mark motor. All marks have this engine, though I believe the intakes changed for the second- gen cars. Other than that, the only difference is that the LSC has ten extra ponies (290) because of the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Eric this shouldn't even be a question if it can be done or not.You are able to buy this motor for dirt cheap.

The swap has been done so many times Im sure you will manage it on your car no problem.Power is about by 20 in between the DOHC and the 2V PI.Remember to save some cash to have the computer flashed for the motor.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess i was just confused by seeing the beauty cover off the top of the lincoln motor. never really saw the 32V intech written on the valvecovers. just thought maybe it was a special motor..........didn't realize all lincolns had that, thought they were just a DOHC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts