TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my headlights suck they are so foggy some say buy new headlight or just put fog lights behind the front grill what is the best bet?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but all the chrome from the inside burnt off so what do i do cut them apart and respray them?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
www.partschannel.com or....

put your house oven on the lowest setting put the lenses in there until the glue gets soft (I forget I think it was 10 minutes) and you can separate the lens. .. separate clean then reseal (I also siliconed mine) worked pretty well

practice on an extra one first

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i guess you had the same problem.now the chrome is off the inside should i just go to autozone and buy chrome spray paint and spray them? more then likely yeah.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i dont think its worth the effort to cook them just to seperate them and spray the inside so it will maybe stay chrome on the inside till the paint peels off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
o was it a mark viii? because you cant see a god damn thing. i think some mark viii from 96 only the lsc came with hids.if i am wrong some one tell me.i know the 97 and 98 marks had them.that is what i need to get next a nice mark viii in pearl white 98.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
if you can hold off on taking them apart, lemme look at my buddy's mark8. im experienced with taking apart headlights, but never taken apart a mark's before. joe is right, they dont yellow on the inside.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no it is not yellow inside the chrome that reflects the light came off i want to know if i should respray them?if can do that and let me know that will be cool thanks.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
hmm, i dont know if they make a chrome spray that would look good. i found a spray at a hobby store and it didnt turn out very "chromish."

if i were you, get a used set off www.car-part.com, call up the place that has one and see if they can take some pics for you showing you the inside. or at least tell them to verify the chrome on the inside is not peeling off. then send them to me and ill clean them up for you :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts