TCCoA Forums banner

Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Stock Exhaust on 97 Thunderbird 4.6L

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Dantb94 
#1 ·
I can pick up a stock exhaust very cheap from a Lincoln Mark VIII LSC, it has the dual main pipes after the 3rd cat. As I've read the underpinnings/chassis are the same for the Mark VIII and Thunderbird's, is this a direct bolt in fit for a 97 Thunderbird 4.6?

#2 ·
They are quite different. The Mark VIII driver's side exhaust manifold has the catalytic converter integrated into it and as such the front section is completely different than what you'd need for an MN12, requiring custom fabrication including new cats.

#6 ·
I have the 94 marks exhaust on my 91 bird...but I have the 94 mark viii engine and gas tank. The exhaust sticks out a little too much past the bumper though but will be fixed once I order the Trubendz exhaust. I am just waiting on my kooks headers to ship out on the 28th then the UnderBird should be ready for Carlise

#8 ·
That seems like a lot of work, when the tru benz flow a lot better. :)
But we don't have inspections, either. :D

#12 ·
Yeah, true duals was LSC specific but regardless of year. The base got the single exhaust similar to what the 4.6 MN12s had, but still with that wonky cat-integrated-manifold on the driver's side. This is what the base exhaust on the Gen 1 looks like (when I swapped transmissions on my old 96).

#13 ·
You will have to keep your T-Bird's mufflers because the Mark VIII's are too long to fit. Just mentionning it to avoid you to pay for the 2 mufflers.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.