TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has an 83 mustang that needs an engine and he thinks he's found one that'll work. but he's not sure what transmission the Town Car uses, which is the car he's pulling the engine out of. at the same time, i also am looking for an engine as mine bit the dust on the 14th after having to drive with probably two blown hg's for at least 5 miles. so what i want to know is what transmission does the Town Car use?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Well, a lot of that depends on the year of the Towncar in question. Without that info there is no way to answer that except to give you several choices. Do you want a breakdown by years?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That would be a plain 'ol AOD transmission in the 85 Town Car, with the anemic 5.0 in front of it.

Jay

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Not in the mid-eighties, lol.... :D

Jay

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
hmm okay. being the broke-*** college student i am i had to drive my 92 25 miles home with blown hg's. i couldnt afford the tow, and definetely am not calling my parents at 3:30 am to come get me. so now we have my dads truck and my car on the one side of the driveway not running. so i figure just swap a 5.0 in and be done with it, like i had been planning for a while.

Craig -- Might be doing this out of necessity

1 - 7 of 7 Posts