TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had run 2000-2001 lincoln wheels on their Tbird? They look somewhat like a Cobra wheel only they have a wider spoke.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lincoln

They are somewhat like that the ones I was looking at are16 inch alloy LS wheels

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know the ones your talking about. i have changed a few at work before. the back side corrodes like no other and all the chrome peels off but i was thinking when i changed them that the would look pretty good on my bird.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
backspace

Would anyone know offhand what the backspacing would be on this 2000_2001 Lincoln LS wheel?

·
Registered
987 Posts
They have a major high offset of +52MM or more I believe. They make the car look like its ready to run on train tracks or something. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those...:tongue:

Brad

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I was looking at a set of those for my Mark VIII LSC and I was advised by the folks on the Lincolns of Distinction forum to steer clear because of the high offset. A guy I know whose dad had a 98 Mark VIII LSC with these rims on them said the ride was definitely not smooth and wishes he had never bought them in the first place.

I'm either going to go with the correct SVT Thunderbird Cobra R or Saleen Speedstar wheels.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I run them in chrome on my 97 Look great I got fat tires on them but I also machines a set of 4 spacers to get them more reasonable I get lots of compliments
Regg

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Related question but does anyone know if other possible stocker lincoln wheel like MKX or MKZ work with or without a hubswap?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts