TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many vendors (and who) were invited to participate and/or sponsor this year’s MN12 Nationals and what their replies were.

Knowing that a MN12 Preferred Vendor was invited and they either didn’t reply or anything, may make me think twice about sending business their way.

I don’t want to get in vendor flaming or anything, but maybe just a list of “vendor”, and their “reply” to the invite. :leftright

I know I was hoping for a couple of vendors being there with thing to sell. :D

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
I know nothing about the details of what happened. There's obviously some serious issues involved when one of the two largest 89-97 T-bird sites gets ZERO businesses that support our cars to attend a NATIONAL event.

I have to think they get a large numbers of orders from people on this site and SCCoA. It makes no sense to me why they wouldn't want to get involved.

The nationals should truly be centrally located. I think St. Louis and maybe somewhere in AZ would be prime locations. Then just alternate back and forth. The far East coast is a good idea, but a poor plan if you want attendance from the entire nation. I'm not trying to start a major gripe thread, but there are things to improve the event that need to be looked at. The number one things is talking to those vendors and finding out why they decided not to show or sponsor the event.

I can't make it now....I've been working on getting a hood deal done and I wanna focus on that for the next month or two working closely with the vendor. Taking a long weekend just won't help and the car needs to be mobile during the process. My trans is questionable so I had to make a decision.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Yeah it does kinda suck that there are no vendors, hell, i dont even think there are that many cars are gonna be there. I havnt got an exact answer from anyone as to how many will be there but i got a bad feeling its probably only gonna be 15-20:rolleyes: I dunno about the vendors, I bet if we told them "mustangs" would be there, we would probably have several vendors to help sponsor. I'm getting the idea that these cars are fading more than ever. I don't even know how many posts i read within the past few weeks about people getting rid of there cars for something else. I dunno. The trade in value on these cars suck. The last year of production was 1997, therefore it has been 7 years. I doubt many people owe alot on their cars.......a car loan is only for 5 years, these cars sell for just 5k or less in most cases. (payments can't be high) Many of these vehicles would be paid for you would think. (for those that are already paid off, there wouldnt be 2 car payments, so whats the issue) True, I personally will eventually get another car but i wont get rid of the bird.....i would NEVER get my moneys worth out of it. I had it appraised for a trade in 2 years ago just to see what i would get. (at the time i had my eyes on a 99 Trans Am) They were only gonna give me i think 1500-2000 and it only had 45K at the time. It wasnt even worth it, so i decided to keep it and keep working on it, and since then have become even more involved, interested, whatever. Anyways, back on subject, we still have 3 weeks and hopefully, something will happen....possibly vendors, more people, etc. Who knows.......... "Tomorrow the sun will shine, and who knows what the tide will bring in" -Tom Hanks (Castaway);)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Well, Ford Parts HQ - Dan Newman is on board. Allen Engine will be there. The NJTaCC has even donated (thanks guys!). But other than that, the pickings have been slim. I have a couple more people to contact, but WE NEED VENDORS!!!!

Oh, Dennis Reinhart was going to donate stuff for the raffle, but I have a feeling he'll back out on his offer for that. :leftright

·
Registered
799 Posts
You mean to tell me that MN12 Performance and Supercoupe Performance aren't even involved? That's pretty sad.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
I dunno if they're involved or not, i think SW is still contacting people. Yeah, it is really sad about no vendors...its actually pathetic if you ask me. I had gotten second thoughts myself. I mean.....only 15-20 cars will be there, no vendors, WTF. I originally thought it would be like 100+ cars there, several stands, vendors, etc. I dunno. It looks as if it is just going to be an ordinary day at the track. I dunno.
BTW, a question for you NC'rs I'll probably take 95 South but is the exit for JR's Tobacco Outlet before the exit for Southern Pines, or after. I will probably stop there to get some things and was wandering if it is out of the way or not.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
cool dude said:
I'll probably take 95 South but is the exit for JR's Tobacco Outlet before the exit for Southern Pines, or after. I will probably stop there to get some things and was wandering if it is out of the way or not.
No clue where the Southern Pines exit is but JR's is in Smithfield which is a lot closer to me than Southern Pines so I would have to say after. I don't really see a direct route from 95 to Southern Pines but it's a lot further down 95 than Smithfield is.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Local vendors Invited:

LoTek inc (triple gauge pod people)
DeMolet Automotive/Motorsports (Densecharger)
SSAutochrome

No answer yet from any.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Kentwood said:

Vendors don't get involved for a 15 person event

You mean to tell me only 15 ARE going to be there?? Damn, I was browsing over at SCCoA and i don't think any of them are going either. I couldnt find anyone over there who said yes to the MN12 Nationals. Let me guess, the only people who are attending the Nationals are probably the locals right? If thats the case, i may not go either. i want to but it's such a far drive for a 15 Car event. I had originally planned on going in convoy with some of the locals up here, but in MAMN12.com (our own local chapter) nobody from up here is attending either, so i dunno. I'll have to think about this some more. :zdunno:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Only Bill and Rob know for sure. Counting hotel rooms it looks like 24, then add a few locals that won't be staying at the hotel. I know Siska said he was coming along with some of the other MAMN12 guys. And then the line was long at 02 nats from people who didn't register until they got there.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Some people just like to post doom & gloom. I don't think it will be as big as 02 Nats simply cause TBU won't be there but it's definately more than just 15.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Well lemme tell you all a little story. I really hope everybody shows up who said they'll show up....and a LOT more. I'm on the hook personally for $12,000 worth of hotel rooms. That's 160 room nights. Right now we've only got 48 of those 160 booked. So if people don't show, I'm going to have to pay the difference.

ALL of the 02 vendors have been contacted as have several others. They're just not responding. I don't know why. I really don't know why the SCCoA et al is shying away from this.

It's going to be a KILLER event if people will just show up. I know Mike Siska will be there with his 11 second car. Scott Allen from Allen Engine is coming to support Mike and talk to others there. Dan Newman would come but they're about to have another baby. However he is going to send stuff for the raffle along with some monetary help.

But more than anything, we need people to make their hotel reservations. They'll still get the same rate up until the day they show up, so that's not a problem. But I'll tell you I'm nervous. I don't have $8400 to pay the hotel. So we HAVE to get more people there.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Sir William said:
Right now we've only got 48 of those 160 booked.

So does this mean there will be 48 MN12's there??? Now thats a decent amount.

BTW, i say after MN12 Nationals 2004, we start to plan for next years. That way NOBODY can say it was a last minute thing, and there will be plenty of time. I say if we do have a MN12 Nationals 2005, it should be held in the midwest, that way several can make it. The eastern half, the western half, and the mid west can all make it. I think Missouri would be perfect....Im glancing at my road atlas now and it seems like the best place.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
48 room nights. Most people I've talked to are staying 2 so that's 24. Then again some people are sharing rooms.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
We've already talked about it, and we will indeed start planning the 2005 event in October.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If it was more central, I know I would show up for it. Just to far east. O well, I really would like to see more people show for the NATS. hell, even if I cant go, I still like pictures and videos...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts