TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to increase throttle sensitivity by way of adjusting the TV cable some how? kind of an out of the blue question, but i was just thinking if somehow the tension or the length of the cable was altered perhaps i might gain alittle pick up off the line with less effort of mashing the gas at WOT. it's probably a stupid and un-safe idea but i just wanted somebody to tell me that. Thanks.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Bad idea, there will always be tension (unless you compleatly disconnect the cable) But you can adjust your shifts to make them firmer or softer. There is a 5psi margin on the TV preasure specs. And 5 psi is a noticable change!

Jim

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do i need, or what do i do in order to change my shift points and what have you.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
There is a tech article in the transmission section that will walk you through TV cable adjustment. Definitely do it to firm up those shifts... but make sure you follow the directions carefully because if you incorrectly set it, the pressure inside the transmission will be too high/too low and you will have problems in the future.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That has to be the worst tech article I have ever read. DO NOT adjust your TV cable this way!!!! It is extreamly inaccurate. If the TV cable is not adjusted properly it can lead to trans failure.

I will write up the proper way to adjust the cable, with a list of proper tools, etc. Just give me a few days to write it up. It has been busy around here.

Jim

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I re-adjusted it according to Haynes, and the throttle response and shifting became a whole lot firmer and more responsive. I've had the Bird for almost three years now, and it never felt like this before. i hope that by doing this, i have improved it, and not actually hurting it more, it just feels so much better now! but now that i think about it, if my Bird is supposed to ride like it is now, then i wonder how much damage has been caused to the tranny before i adjusted the TV?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts