TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, what is the deal with the NH plates? I saw one the other day and almost spit what I was drinking out my nose....a bit of a morbid message eh? I mean, jeez...."If your not going to live free just kill yourself then" is basically what they're saying...and how exactly do you "live free"? Does it involve tennis & kyaking & valtrex? OKay I'm done now....no offence to any NH residents...I just find their plate slogan rather funny....here's a link

http://www.pl8s.com/n/newh.htm

Earl

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
i totally agree with the great statement of "Live Free...Or Die." but most dont know what it means to 'live free.' it doesnt mean do whatever you want and let someone else deal with it. it doesnt mean dont work, but get welfare." with freedom comes responsibility.

·
Registered
62 Posts
live free or die! is a reference to our forefathers and i think it means live free or die trying to attain that freedom.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
"I get just a little bit nervous about any state that mentions death right on the license plate." ~george carlin

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea i see those all the time being from MA. i always just thought it meant if you cant live a free life then its worth it to die fighting for freedom.

Frank

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'd rather have NH's plates rather than ours (KY). They have a sun on it with a happy face on it and at the top it says..."it's that friendly". What does that tell you. They just came out this year and I hate them. Myself and others have gone with alternate plates. They cost a little more but it's worth it over that stupid little smiley face any day. They don't have it on the site that Earl listed yet but i'm sure it will be soon. Right now they have the one that they just discontinued with clouds on it.:(

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Umm, I assume, that the reason it is on the plates, just like my plates say Evergreen State, is that Live Free or Die, happens to be the state motto, just a random guess on my part!

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
PowderBoyDTC said:
dang dude, didny you pay attention in history class? but now i'm lost, who was it? i think ben franklin...any other ideas?
The words "Live Free or Die; Death Is Not The Worst Of Evils," were written by General John Stark, July 31, 1809.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
im a big fan of michigans solid blue with white lettering on their plates. i hate the new ones with mackinac bridge in the background. im glad the blue one is still around, cause id hate to have plates similar to some from other states. -greg

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I totally agree with you Thunderchick94. I live in KY and have that stupid a$$ plate on my car. "Live free or die" sounds a milloin times better then "Kentucky, its that friendly". Hate to say it, but it times like these I wish I lived across the river. BTW, where is Mt. Washington?

Here is the ky plate for all of you who have yet to see it:
The worlds greatest plate.

*did not mean to steal the thread!

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
I totally agree with you Thunderchick94. I live in KY and have that stupid a$$ plate on my car. "Live free or die" sounds a milloin times better then "Kentucky, its that friendly". Hate to say it, but it times like these I wish I lived across the river. BTW, where is Mt. Washington?

Here is the ky plate for all of you who have yet to see it:
The worlds greatest plate.

*did not mean to steal the thread!
no you do not have that cornball of a smiling sun on there. no. no. do you?

·
Registered
237 Posts
ya
Silver95Bird said:
"I get just a little bit nervous about any state that mentions death right on the license plate." ~george carlin
"Take Idaho's license plates - they say 'Famous Potatoes.' Then
there's New Hampshire - their license plates say 'Live Free ... or
DIE!!' I don't know, I think that somewhere between 'Famous
Potatoes' and 'Live Free or Die' the truth lies. And I think it's
closer to 'Famous Potatoes.'" George Carlin

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
OK being from NH let me give you a little background on our lovely state.

When you are so close to Taxachusets you would understand the live free or die statement.

NH tends to have alot more freedoms then our neighboring states...

We can still have a cigeratte in our resteraunts

The state doesnt take 5% of our pay

We dont have to wear helmets when driving a bike.

The NH goverment leaves it to its citizens to make desions for themselves rather then creating BS laws to govern them.
to some this may sound silly or just stupid but we tend to take our freedoms very very seriosly..

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I can see how it is your own personal choice not to wear a helmet on a bike and that affects you. But people smoking in restaurants affect me, and I am very happy that as of July 2003 it is illegal in Florida restaurants! Not to bash smokers or you Thunderterd, but I'm glad that I have the freedom to breathe air not polluted with cigarette smoke while eating.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts