TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on modular depot researching about swapping PI intake and POSSIBLY considering doing a full PI swap (head/cam/intake). But for right now i think just the PI intake is more my speed in terms of installation. However, i have come across this Livernois/Detriot Speedworks intake manifold installation "kit." However the price tag on it is $499. My question is what is the advantage of using this kit as opposed to me just getting the PI intake, PI alternator bracket, RTV the gaskets (still unsure which is better PI or NPI gaskets)? I can see that in the description is says something about the manifold being shortened to fit under a stock mustang hood, but what other advantages will this intake kit have? Thanks alot for any help. Here is the link to the product.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product.phtml?p=457

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
you dont need the alternator bracket, if a 96 is the same as 95's, it bolts right to the block.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
PI intake for 500 thats like 15hp for 500 bucks lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
500 bucks will cover 90% of the whole pi swap if you search around. but the rtv with the pi gaskets have been proven to work just fine and i have been running my car without an alt bracket for 2 years now without a problem.

last time i checked jason from this website has pi intakes with the alum coolant x-over for 160$ and the tube that runs under the intake is 20$.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow okay. I didn't realize. So for the record on a 96 4.6. All i need is the actual intake, intake gaskets, coolant tube that goes under the intake, and some rtv?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Its a good kit but a lot of people think its over priced and that the adapters are useless, I for one agree with using the adapters, I'm a fan of matching ports, not just slapping down some rtv and calling it good, but either way best of wishes.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of where to actually ad the RTV on the PI gaskets? I am still unsure about where to apply the RTV.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
PI gaskets you put RTV around the passenger front coolant port and the drivers rear coolant port. Check it with the gasket on the head, but that is what I remember from when I did mine. There are a number of posts and pictures of it, I didn't take pictures because of all the existing ones and I used a translucent light colored RTV.

NPI needs RTV around all the air ports.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.