TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
On the flip side, you can go to Autozone and get a set for $40.00, but they do sell better sets for a little more. For stock they're fine. But not for $150.00. Buy the way, were they spun with copper and coated with platinum?:D

·
Registered
799 Posts
You can get 9mm FRPP wires for around 75.00 if you look around. I got mine on Ebay for that a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I went to my local Brother's Performance Mustang shop and bought the MSD wire set for '96 thru '99 4.6 GT. Price is $100. I wired mine under the alternator, but I did my daughter's over the top and it looks better too. My local Kragens and Autozones wanted near a hundred for the standard core. With MSD you get the best.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
The stock old sets I removed from my '97 bird and daughter's 96 were solid carbon core. The MSD set is stainless steel spiral wound around a carbon center. My old '93 Crown Vic developed a misfire because of core hardening and cracking at hot spots. That car got an $80 set of stainless spiral wound wires many years ago. Most stock wire sets are solid carbon core, which work fine until they age-harden many years later. For my local search, MSD wires were within ten bucks of everthing I could get over-the-counter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts