TCCoA Forums banner

Lock cover

733 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  joshbea6 
#1 ·
need a lock cover for a 96 mark 8. Also, is there a motor device thingy that controls the IMRCs that you can replace/buy?

#2 ·
anything? anyone?

#3 ·
Can't help with the lock cover.

For the IMRC's are you looking to upgrade to something different, or repair what is on there.

I've never seen the Gen I vacuum motors sold separately, and the Gen II's use a PCM controlled motor.

#4 ·
For the IMRC's are you looking to upgrade to something different, or repair what is on there.
sure, pick one. I have a feeling its not opening properly (haven't torn into it yet -- still got cams/heads that need to go on the car)

#5 ·
I'll look around the house. I think I have a pair of Gen I IMRC's that I'm not using.

Most likely they are just all gummed up and not operating properly. If you have a one of those Mity-Vac brake bleeders thingies, you can pull a vacuum on the lines going to the pots and see if each one of them is holding vacuum. That will at least eliminate a busted diaphragm. It won’t tell you if the butterflies are opening or not, but at least that will rule out one thing. Then test to see if the IRMC solenoid is operating by pulling vacuum on the inlet side and applying the correct voltage signal to the solenoid (without the EVTM in front of me, I don’t remember if it is a straight 12v solenoid or not) and see if you have vacuum on the outlet side.

I think those things should be able to be tested without having to remove too much stuff.

Just some thoughts on some things you can check without having to pull the intake. But I’ll still bet they are nasty and cruddy.

Good luck!!

#6 ·
You can always get it puton the engine diagnostic computer and it should be able to tell you if they are opening or not. Of course this would require you to actually take the Mark to the Stealership instead of *******, backyard, guestimating...:tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.