TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else sitting at home alone tonight? i hate that my wife works at a bar and that we can never go out TOGETHER on the weekends.

oh well, at least i get free beer :]

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
one thing i could never understand about people who work night jobs that get paid well, like bartenders, other DJ's, strippers too i guess... is why they are so hesitant to just take a weekend night off to go out with their boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife whatever. i know the money is good, but sometimes you just need a day off, know what i mean?

and yes, around here, strippers have boyfriends. idiots.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Robinson said:
around here, strippers have boyfriends. idiots.
Around here, strippers have girlfriends.

Hell, I'm only 19 and couldn't find a damn thing to do last night... I was bored out of my mind. I ended up going to Barnes and Noble. I looked at philosophy, a book on Escher, and finally some magazines. I wish I had a girlfriend who was a stripper...

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
lets see what I did last night.... oh yeah, jack *expletive deleted*. I think went and got a burrito and watched some debate/discussion between the press and military officials

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I called in sick to work. Then I spent most of the day bored. Later in the evening I went to Wal Mart with a friend and got a Camaro 35th model to build. I need to get back into that hobby, it's been too long since I last built a model car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I DJ'd the local school dance...but that is an exception, I'm not usually out on friday nights...:(

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Friday night

My wife and I rented Minority Report.
Good movie....
I'm a bit of a fan of crazy Phillip K. Dick and his weird sci-fi.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Re: Friday night

tbird9768 said:
My wife and I rented Minority Report.
Good movie....
I'm a bit of a fan of crazy Phillip K. Dick and his weird sci-fi.
If you like PKD's writing...try AE van Vogt, maybe
"The Weapon Shops of Isher, for openers.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
Got wasted (i love jaegermeister), met some girls... etc Anyone ever notice how much more charming you are when your wasted? :)
according to who?....You, or the girls? :eek:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I usually go out and do a few of a bunch of things; play pool, go to a bar, go to get coffee, just go driving around, drink at a friends apartment, watch a movie a friends place, go out to a movie, go to a couple friend's dorms to hangout, etc. Its usually two or three of those things in one night.
This past friday though I was in a pannic because of my tranny problems since I was supposed to drive it the next day 580 miles to school. So instead I got a ride from my parents. I spent friday night packing since all I did all day was get the car home and look at it. Then left saturday (today) for school.
Now that I am at school though there are more parties but less things to do. Movies, pool, bars and party. Thats about it. Most times its just hanging and talking cars or movies with a few friends.
-Shawn

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
I spent the night at home, cause my poor kitty is got a broken bearing, oh, and HORRIBLE fuel injectors, man I would love a new engine for my birthday, whadda ya guys say, chip in and help a poor guy out, I work at McDonald's for cryin out loud.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, i totally forgot i posted this last night. guess i *was* drunk afterall, heh. and Rob, my wife only works three nights a week at the bar (tues, fri, sat), but i know what you mean, we NEVER get to spend a good weekend night out together. so, i am forced go out and drink and play pool just to even see her on the weekends.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
92CougLS said:
I spent the night at home, cause my poor kitty is got a broken bearing, oh, and HORRIBLE fuel injectors, man I would love a new engine for my birthday, whadda ya guys say, chip in and help a poor guy out, I work at McDonald's for cryin out loud.

HAHA thers only one mcds boy now!! I got fired today... FINALLY!!!! Took them long enough the bastards. Tommorrow is find a job day.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
MagerThom said:

according to who?....You, or the girls? :eek:
I hope BOTH. It seems to work better when I've had a 24 pack and half a bottle of jaeger =) Ya know, those "24 pack girls" that you need beer to be able to think they are good lookin... hehe

·
1,267 Posts
Originally posted by HanMan
HAHA thers only one mcds boy now!! I got fired today... FINALLY!!!! Took them long enough the bastards. Tommorrow is find a job day.

How in the hell did oyu get fired, I only work there now cause I lost my job at the radio station, when I left before I just said I quit and never went back, they still rehired me, so what could you have done to get fired, run naked through the store.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
LOL well ive basically been a **** up since the very beginning. Been written up 3 times for drawer being like 3 bucks short... big deal. Drawer was 20 bucks short one time cause my friend stole money from me when i was counting my drawer down and forget he took it!!! o well. Got fired for 2 weeks that time then they decided they need me. Then i threw a stink bomb at this ***** manager on a saturday night when there was nothin to do and we really wanted to get back at her. Then today they told me im not gettin a raise so i worked REALLY ****TY. I leave and 2 hours later they call me and are like "ummmm the safe is 40 short.. were blamin u" Im like u mmmmm ok whatever i dont care." They told me i could pay them 40 bucks or get fired. I said i quit." Its really pretty hard to get fird there. I did it though!!! In the year and a half ive worked there 9 ppl have gotten fired. A 40 year old maitnence guy and a 17 year old kid even managed to get in a fist fight. Ooops? Screw it i was quittin in 2 months neway.

Edit: I dunno if what ive done is worse than runnin naked through the store... but i think it is.

·
1,267 Posts
:uppoint: hahahahahaha, omg, that is hilarious, that is great, in all the time I have worked there, which was over a year the first time, and a month back now, I have never seen anyone get fired. WOW. Congratulations.

I

·
0 Posts
...didn't even realize that Friday had come and gone until today. This time of the year is very difficult when you work in sports. I'll get a breather come the 27th.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Robinson said:
one thing i could never understand about people who work night jobs that get paid well... is why they are so hesitant to just take a weekend night off to go out...
Well, I did take off work Friday night and Saturday to go up to Joel's house and hang out for the weekend with him and Mike. Worked on cars, watched DVDs and what-not. Some times you just have to go hang out with the fellas.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts