TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I haven't posted on here in quite a while, but I really miss this place. I lost two very important things to me...

First, the internet. So I can only get on the internet once in a while when I have access somewhere.

Secondly my 96 Pearl T-Bird! (11/04) :( :( :(

I slid off a wet, (rest of the shoreway was dry) freshly paved off ramp and hit a curb. So with the bird being lowered it took out the crossmember, oil pan and damaged the motor, steering rack and some other things. Insurance then bought me my 97 Sport which I hate compared to my 96, I miss it so much. I put sooo much time and money into the 96. Now I have to do it all again to the 97. But yea, I bought the car back from the insurance company and am taking all the upgrades off the 96 and puttting them on the 97 slowly but surely. Also using it for spare parts and whatnot.

Anyways I hope to get posting here more often. You have no idea how much I miss this place.

BTW the site is looking good guys.

LOL, nobody probably even remembers me...

RIP
1996 Ford thunderbird LX 4.6L

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
TONY where the heck in cleveland you at? there's a bunch of us around cleveland, we should get together sometime

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am over on W.117th st. Sounds like a good idea...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Aren't you the guy that was on this board way before you got your car? And the intake blew during your test drive with the dealer? Sorry about your car.

Jim

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea thats me! I was actually on this site back when it was birdcats, i was like 13...lol! I was here since the begining. I remember when sccoa wouldn't accept the the non SC people so bill went and created a home for all the non SC'ers. Wow that was a long time ago!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Tony said:
Yea thats me! I was actually on this site back when it was birdcats, i was like 13...lol! I was here since the begining. I remember when sccoa wouldn't accept the the non SC people so bill went and created a home for all the non SC'ers. Wow that was a long time ago!
How much does a gallon of gas weigh? ;)

Of course we remember you. Good to have you back. Post pics of the new bird.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Shawn40th said:
How much does a gallon of gas weigh? ;)
You know.. I've waited for quite some time for someone to post that. I've thought about that more than once myself - trouble is, I don't remember the answer even for as long as it was up on the front page.

-Melon

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Melon said:
You know.. I've waited for quite some time for someone to post that. I've thought about that more than once myself - trouble is, I don't remember the answer even for as long as it was up on the front page.

-Melon
Just a fraction over 6lbs. :D

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Melon said:

-Melon

Yeah, me too. Thought this would be a good chance. I knew it was 6 or 6.1 lbs. Thanks Traveler. :)
Anyone know the exact quote that was posted or maybe have a screen cap? I think I might somewhere but not sure where.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shut up JOE (rodnockin5.0), you owe me your life, you can't even do a basic tuneup on a 5.0 without screwing up the firing order and closing the gap on #4 plug!!! LOL

But yea, I will post pics of the bird soon....

When I get around to posting pics of my bird, Joe's 92 Sport will also be shown. He has a nice, clean 92 Sport 5.0 with only 72k. And he only payed $2500 for it. Hell of a deal!

Us Clevelanders definatly need to get together sometime.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Good lord Tony. I remember when you got your MOM to do a burnout long before you even got your first thunderbird. :D

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Good lord Tony. I remember when you got your MOM to do a burnout long before you even got your first thunderbird. :D
Lol. That reminds me of a story my aunt told me of what she did late last year. Two of my cousins work at a "El Pollo Loco" one of them was working the drive-thru. She pulls up to the window in my uncles red 1988 Camaro Iroc Z-28 convertible. My cousin tells her to do a burn out. She does just as a cop is passing down the street. She spots the cop and just gets off the brake and leaves at wot. She goes down 2 blocks cuts through an alley and hides between some cars for 30mins. My cousin says that the cop just kept cirqueling the area for a while and staring at him.

P.S.
My uncle still doesn't know about what my aunt has done to his baby.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha, yea that was some fun stuff!! She'll still do one occasionally. I can even get her to race sometimes. But nothing crazy, just off the line up to the speed limit and stuff. My mom is awesome. Her car needs some TLC though. She just doesn't have the money for it now.

I will have to find the pictures of her burnout and post them...lol!

Thats a scary feeling when u do something stupid right in front of a cop. I bet your aunt had that feeling.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Us Clevelanders definatly need to get together sometime.
I'm originally from North Olmsted, but I've been away at Ohio University for the past 8 months. I'm going to be returning to the Cleveland area in Early June. I havent had much time to post or read on here for the past year or so.

I'd be interested in a meet if you guys have it sometime this summer. My car is going to need some work though, since it's been sitting since August.

Let me know if you ever get anything organized

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts