TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....I live in middle TN and next month i'm going to make a trip to Myrtle Beach in the big cat. My question is about my tranny fluid. The car has alittle over 99k miles on it and the fluid has been changed but like most 94-95 trannys I have the shudder problem. My question is the fluid looks great and its at a great level but should I change the fluid and put mercon V in itbefore i make this over 500 mile one way trip and maybe put a tranny cooler on it or should i not worry about it and drive it? I just dont want burn the tranny up because its my only car.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If you are hving shudder then you need to change to MercV. If it still shudders you will need to replace your torque converter. i would not consider a long trip till you had at least changed the fluid

·
Registered
974 Posts
if you don't have a trans cooler put one in regardless of where you are driving. If you haven't flushed the fluid in 25-30K do it at the same time with a new filter. You might want to think about the newer style pan with the drain plug and the sump also. This stuff is money well spent!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
When I had my tranny rebuilt, they put in a valve body recalibration kit that whiped out that shudder problem. I was using Mercon V fluid (until I had the tranny rebuilt last summer and they didn't use it) but I still had the shudder prob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts