TCCoA Forums banner

Long tube headers on ford thunderbird 1994 4.6

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Grog6 
#1 ·
hi someone has put long tube headers to his thunderbird 4.6L, I'm looking for some on ebay but I can't find anything I only found for mustang from the year 1996 to 2004 but they told me that they don't fit the ford thunderbird if someone knows where I can get them or a link on ebay

#2 ·
#3 ·
I've got long tubes on my Cougar, they are from Sean Hyland Motorsports. I brought them used from a TCCOA member.
Last I heard there was one pair left. But that was a few years ago.

Long tubes are not really necessary unless you want to put out some good HP numbers.

I have 344/348 at the wheels, n/a.

For normal cars go with the Kooks 3/4 headers.

Also, going to PBIR tomorrow for T/T, hoping for new low numbers with the new trans. and converter, fixed brakes and manual rack.

#4 ·
You can use Mustang headers if you do the steering shaft mod. You can also modify the primaries for cylinders 7 and 8.

You won't find bolt-on longtubes for the 4.6 MN12. Some modifications will be necessary.

#5 ·
I’ve got mustang LT’s on my 95, you will need to cut and reroute primaries 7&8 with or without a steering mod. check out my showcase, I’ve got a few pics there. Or you can drop some big $$$ for the kooks mid lengths from scp.

#8 ·
Look at the pix of the mustang longtubes, then look at the kooks on the scp website. that difference is what he's talking about.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.