TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning to build a 5.0 for my bird ,nuthing crazy . i am gunna do the heads ,intake exaust ,cam , forged stroker setup with aftermarket caps,with a super charger but i need to know what compression i should be running a 302 stroker motor with 24- 30 psi of boost. and info would be appreciated

·
Registered
488 Posts
"im planning to build a 5.0 for my bird ,nuthing crazy . i am gunna do the heads ,intake exaust ,cam , forged stroker setup with aftermarket caps,with a super charger but i need to know what compression i should be running a 302 stroker motor with 24- 30 psi of boost. and info would be appreciated"

nothing crazy?????? your block will have almost no chance of surviving those levels of boost for very long. I cant tell you what compression to run at those levels but you could run a 10lb pully with 8.5-9:1

Josh

·
Registered
647 Posts
Add an 'R' block to your list...that will help it live longer before you need to rebuild it again.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hey blown306, I love your car. I am the guy who used to live in Naperville, and saw you and the Chicagoland Thunderbirds on TV (don't remember if it was on WGN or FOX) one morning.

Anyways, is your supercharger a custom install, or is it a kenne bell kit? I noticed hood pins on your hood, looks great. is your hood a true lift off, or did you install them for looks?

Anyways, love the car!
-danimal farrington

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hey thanks man...how's it goin, I haven't been around much lately, new job, etc etc. Anyway, that was on WGN. The KB is a SN95 kit...pretty much bolt on with some minor mods required. They sent me the instructions for the 1500 kit, but they're physically the same other than the bypass tube and polished parts. It's not a lift off hood (too much of a PITA)...I didn't like the way the hood was flexing on the highway so I added the pins for insurance...but I like the look too ;)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
DO you have any pics of the engine?? :)

and what mods did yah need to do to make it fit?? HMM a whippled charged 347....

peace,
Kevin

·
Registered
647 Posts
91 XR7 said:
DO you have any pics of the engine?? :)

and what mods did yah need to do to make it fit?? HMM a whippled charged 347....

peace,
Kevin
Here ya go. You'll need a 1.5" raised hood (minimum), cut back the plastic cowl cover, and remove the air pump to get proper belt wrap on the SC pulley (apperently the MN12 accessories are spread out wider than the SN95, the longest 6-rib belt made is a little too short), relocate the coil to the side of the engine, replumb the hose from the intake tube to the oil fill neck. That's about it for the SC install. Then there's everything else you'll need ie MAF, injectors, TB, fuel pump and chip at a minimum...etc. BTW, the Canton pan will not fit unless you use custom motor mounts and modify the K member...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how fast??

since no one answered my question as usawal can u tell me how fast that blown 306 moves that bird? and how many pounds of boost u runnin and if u got a aftermarket rotating assyembly. thanx

·
Registered
970 Posts
Evidentaly you didn't read the first post after yours. Josh Skidonenko first told you that your "nothing crazy" combo was completely crazy. He reccomended a 10 lb pulley an 8.5-9:1 compression. Then Blown306 said get an R block so that you only have to rebuild it once every two months, rather than every other day. Once again, saying that your proposed combo was too radical.

The closer you can stick to 8.5:1 (even slightly under would be okay), the better.

You've now gotten a play-by-play narration by the Danimal

·
Registered
647 Posts
Rino -
a) Fast enough to lose my license. Motor is just broken in (200 miles) I'm now in the process of tuning it, no numbers just yet.

b) Currently 9# with the big pulley on it, I have a 13-15# pulley going on after I finish the fuel and exhaust systems and initial tuning, although hopefully, the boost will not go up that much with the little pulley installed. Then back to more tuning...

c) Rotating assembly...DSS Pro-Bullet 8.5:1 w/main support system and billet windage tray.

Boost is futile...flow is where it's at ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats pretty good . when ur done u should run in th 11 to 10 sec qt mile. hey i may be crazy for tryin to get 30 psi in to a 347 but when its done hopefully with a lot of tuning im lookin at low 10 sec qt about 500-650 hp but thoes are realy educated guesses from a lot of peoples personal experiances. good luck with that beast

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Boost is futile...flow is where it's at
EXACTLY! It shouldn't be the boost doing all the work, it should be the car optimized so well that boost just 'fits right in'. This guy is smart! ;) And rich :D VERY nice car, BTW.

·
Registered
659 Posts
he aint that rich nomore look at his ride...

VERY NICE
Dug

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Blown306,

Can you tell me about the roll cage in your car? Where is SW Racing? Is it fully custom, or can they sell it in kit form? Sweet ride BTW. Thanks.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
About the cage....

WayneI said:
Hi Blown306,

Can you tell me about the roll cage in your car? Where is SW Racing? Is it fully custom, or can they sell it in kit form? Sweet ride BTW. Thanks.
Go here http://www.swracecars.com/
Chris

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
WOW

Blown 306 ...............you are my new thunderchicken hero... that is one sweet ride....do you have any more pic if so could you mail them to me, i want to show all my stang buddies.

where are you from ??????
what is your 1/4 mile times??
do you have skinnies in the front?
what size slicks are you running in the back????

·
Registered
303 Posts
You must wanting to put a diesel 347 in that bird of yours if you want that much boost. Or maybe JB Weld can hold that thing together. :D

And Blown306...give Coors a call and you can be the new Silver Bullet!!! Nice ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts