Registered
2,514 Posts
$165 for a case of 12. So thats about $13.75 a piece. Dang thats alot of money

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,

But they are high-performance filters???

Anywho, I'll probbaly end up buying one of these for the hell of it at my next oil change, I'll also buy another to cut open and see what's going on on the inside...

- Pelezo

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow, people thought I was nuts for paying $13.xx for a K&N filter. When it comes to something that important I believe you get what you pay for. $8 more for a good filter is cheaper than a new engine.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been a K&N Oil Filter guy since I found out they made Oil Filters (I also used the fuel filters on my RX7)...

- Pelezo

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
You think that's bad, a case of those for my diesel is $240!!! FL1995

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pelezo,
Do you use the KN on your RX7 (What year? 12A, 13B?)then and have you been steadily?
I've got an 88 vert and have used pretty much Mazda stock and recently the Purolator premium filters. Use those on the Cougar and the other rolling stock I've got.
I've never noticed a problem on the RX and its now got 224,000 miles on the stock N/A motor.

Ralf

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah,

Before I sold it (1985 GSL-SE 13B) and I used it the whole time I had my car, never had a problem with oil puffs on start up until I switched to Valvoline in it.

The rx7's will last just as long as piston engines (contraire to belief) if you don't overheat them or over boost them.

- Pelezo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts