1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I don't get it, could someone explain?:confused:

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts

9 out of 10 Sheep agree, SeaFoam is awesome!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
omg how can you not know that movie? thats one of the decades best movies.

·
Registered
515 Posts
ok im prolly gonna get slapped around for this but here goes...does that stuff really help you in any way. I know it doesnt boost your HP or anything but does it help with wear and tear or anything. I heard it helped but you cant trust everything you hear...as we learned from the revolutionary tornado

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
i used a can recently, and it seems to improve on wear, and increase performance slighly through "restoration." I know a bunch of peeps who swear by the stuff. I don't know to what extent it helps, but it sure doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I put some in my wife's car, and it smoothed the idle out a lot, I put 1/3 can slowly down the brake booster vacuum, and dumped the rest in the oil. Another member can testify how bad that car was gunked up, and it seemed to help it a lot.

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
I recently put half a can in my brothers 67 289 Cougar with 144k original miles (tons of carbon buildup) and it has cleaned that motor out so well that it has stopped smoking completely. Before we used it, the car would sit in the driveway at idle and kill all mosquitoes within a mile radius.

I also used it on my cousins 91 Ranger 4.0 with 150k miles and it cleaned out a lot of crap and made it rev so much quicker.

In other words, I swear by SeaFoam.

·
Registered
515 Posts
so do you have to change your oil right after you use it or anything? What does it do with all the gunk and buildup

·
Registered
82 Posts
ZackG said:
from what i get, do it near an engine change. all that loose junk is goin to break free and you dont want that sitting for too long on your oil pan.
Or heck, if you're going to do it near an engine change, I would go ahead and pour koolaid in the crankcase, or just skip it altogether. :D Because if you're going to do an engine change, it won't matter WHAT you put in the old one!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts