TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 F150 2V 4.6L

I can't yank it off because unlike MN12s which still retain their stock CAI, I would lose it and start taking in hot engine bay air. Guess I need to do something about this, lol.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
They call that the Gotts Mod on many f150 forums, it's on my to do list. It's also controversial and some idiots claim dispite it being before the maf that it causes a lean condition.

Basically the solution to the fill in the blank that you've left is to go to lowes or home depot and buy some PVC pipe and a rubber coupler to complete the delete.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
There's also this silencer.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
2004 F150 2V 4.6L

I can't yank it off because unlike MN12s which still retain their stock CAI, I would lose it and start taking in hot engine bay air. Guess I need to do something about this, lol.

Oscar, cut it off right where it meets the inner fender. I did that on my old '98 F150, and it gained about 1/4" in ID over the stock piece. The "silencer" portion is where it's necked down after it goes through the inner fender. Or you can remove that entire "silencer" section and just replace it with a short piece of flexible air ducting hose. That's what I did on the old Navigator.
JL

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anything has got to be better than that silencer. Im not real familiar with those trucks, is there a way to run it closer to the front without having a ton of intake tubes?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
i put the k&n kit on mine....it sucks engine bay air, but I'm not worried, as I don't sit idleing all the time.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
The one on my Ranger is no bigger around than a 12 oz can. :facepalm: That is leaving the air box !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts