TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Sir,
My name is Mr mbadoo raymond, a divorcee. I am a Zimbabwean of German ancestry. I was born in Zimbabwe and have been successfully involved in large scale mechanised farming.
About four years ago, the President of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, ordered us, white farmers, to leave the country. We thought it was an empty threat and harassment, though we made several reports and representations to International organisations such as the Commonwealth, NATO, EU and United Nations.
In 2002, he carried out his threat by forcefully ejecting us and seizing our farmlands using war veterans, police and local mercenaries. All pleas by ourselves and international organisations to the President to reconsider his stance fell on deaf ears.
Most of the white farmers had to leave the country in tears. I had to wisely withdraw all my savings from five banks here fearing they may soon start freezing our bank accounts. True to my fear, that is exectly what they are doing right now.
Thank God, I have wisely despatched my hard earned savings of USD28,750,000.00( Twenty-Eight Million, Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand US Dollars) to an European country and it is now in the custody of a finance company.
I believe that you are capable and can assist me receive this money so that I can come over to your country and invest it there. I am ready to give you 20% of the total sum for offering me this service, hoping also you will assist me invest mine.
Now, all I am asking from you is to indicate your interest and readiness to receive this money on my behalf as quickly as possible through email.
Presently,the Government of one West African country will be coming to Zimbabwe to airlift some of us,including me,to her land tomorrow.The authorities have promised to give us land,rehabilitate and give us a better farming condition.For now, email is my only means of communication.But if we get ressettled in the new country,I can be sure to be using both email and telephone as means of communication.

My immediate concern is how you can receive this hard-earned money which is now in Europe and assist invest same in your country after appreciating you accordingly. I am afraid of investing that money in Africa.No, not me again!
Do indicate your interest to receive this money on my behalf so I can facilitate the process immediately.
Regards,
mbadoo raymond."

I have not seen this tpe of scam i n a long time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
haha i got that same exact one today! i wrote back to them....."man i didnt realize people still try to scam like that, perhaps you should get a new technique? gosh" lol but he hasnt wrote back yet

·
Registered
331 Posts
Working in IT, I see them all the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wrote him back asking how I can help. I'm sure it will have something to do with my bank account number.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i get two of those a day. i always send them a reply telling them how much of a dubass they are and the f**k off that i get them all the time and dont believe them sayin i had a distant family member that died that i dont know cuz im not losing that many distant family members in "ACCIDENTS" :D hell i cant even pronounce that name of that country. nobody i know lives there. hell im 3/4 american indian so anybody that might have been related to me is dead or still lives on a reservation there is that 1/8 irish and german. so i never believed them

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I thought about replying once, but it's just a waste of time, they see that you're just name calling and delete the e-mail...leading them on could be more fun, but with that we'd probably run into some law in the states here that would get us into trouble, for trying to scam the scammer...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
JoelBender said:
I thought about replying once, but it's just a waste of time, they see that you're just name calling and delete the e-mail...leading them on could be more fun, but with that we'd probably run into some law in the states here that would get us into trouble, for trying to scam the scammer...
Naw, I saw a Dateline episode about this once. The journalists actually lured the scammers to an airport and caught them trying to scam them on camera, and the authorities were actually impressed that they were able to do that. It's their stance that trying to catch these scumbags is like trying to nail jello to the wall, so you're not in any danger by trying to "scam the scammers." Hell, you'd probably get on the local news if you pulled it off correctly.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i usually just google free offers by email and enter their email a few times and get them serious spammage by hundreds of companies trying to sell them stuff. i know alot of the spam filters nowadays will intercept most of them but at least it makes me feel a little better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the latest e-mail I got from the guy:

Thanks a great deal for your prompt reply.We have to quickly move
ahead with this transaction.You have to really assure me that you
will not let me down when the funds finally enters your nominated
account.To facilatate a quick action,you will need to contact my
attorney as quick as possible so that he will guide you.Please give
me your final word of trust on this matter so that I can open up
communication between you and the attorney who will also give you
some vital and confidential information about the fund.I will also
appreciate a call from you.The help i need from you to claim the fund from europe were the money keep .Expecting to hear from you soonest.
Thanks once more.
Mbadoo raymond.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
you see what they do is deposit the money and you send them their part. and then a couple days later the check or whatever they send you will be bad money then you owe like who knows how much money and overdrafts and they are nowhere to be seen or heard from

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Ricerbird said:
i get two of those a day. i always send them a reply telling them how much of a dubass they are and the f**k off that i get them all the time and dont believe them sayin i had a distant family member that died that i dont know cuz im not losing that many distant family members in "ACCIDENTS" :D hell i cant even pronounce that name of that country. nobody i know lives there. hell im 3/4 american indian so anybody that might have been related to me is dead or still lives on a reservation there is that 1/8 irish and german. so i never believed them
zim-bob-way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This guy is still e-mailing me and I keep giving him the runaround with my highpaying corporate job job and what not... :rolleyes: . Anyway in the thread about the russian brides some one was able to tell where an e-mail was sent from or somthing like that. Here is his e-mail if any one wants to look into where it is from: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts