TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
just curious you guy's thoughts. looking at two marks, same miles ~100k, same prices 2300 for the 93 (willing to go down), 2100 for the 96. 93 has been sitting for a while, air bags leaked down, 1 low tire, needs a battery. 96 appears to be ready to run but big dent in fender. i considered trying to get the 93 for 1800 then converting to coil springs but i don't know and can't recall the differance in the newer marks. this will be for a daily commute work car.

oh and if the tranny blows a 6 sp will go in.

David

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
For my situation I would have to go with the 96. 96 and newer here are emission tested every other year and plugged in, 67-95 go on the sniffer every year.

I am not sure I could drive around a car with anything more than a parking lot ding, and seems like body work would be more expensive than converting one to coils (kit is 350 bucks generally). If it has sat for that long, then the suspension dropping doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.

I was seriously looking for a 96 as I like the gen 1 looks with the new interior, but in the end I ended up with a 97.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
metal parts?

I should invest in a lathe to custom make hens teeth and sell at exorbitant prices. :D
LOL, no... IMRCs (actuators), VCRM, ABS, PCM, ...

It was the crossover year to OBD2 from the previous EEC-IV. The later models (97-98) had more "mainstream" parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts