TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, well as the title says, I am looking into getting some mufflers for my bird. I have been doing some searching and I honestly dont know what to get. I really dont want to spend a ton of money on a brand new exhaust so I figured mufflers are the way to go. I would like to have something that will slide over the existing piping after I cut the mufflers off the rear and be clamped down. They have to be legal in the state of PA. I want something that will give a nice lower tone while crusing and at idle but when you get on it will be louder but not so loud that it makes me deaf and the cops love to give me tickets over. I would rather not buy online but if I have to buy from jegs or summit etc I will. I was looking at magnaflow because my friend had one on his ranger and it was the way I would want mine to sound but I am really lost when it comes down to choosing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DynoMAX Super Turbos here
I think I seen them on summit's site, there like $91-92 each I think and they look like they will bolt right up with um being 2 1/4" in and out. How were they to put on yours?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
No problem Brad I got the complete Cat-back system with them. Just a bit on the quiet side till you stomp on it , They are going to get a bit louder with the true duals and X pipe i have right now to put on down the road . And it was Summit or Jegs that I got it :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok, I was just looking at the cat back on summit, I can imagine that the cat back has to be welded up, but do you know if the mufflers have to if I decide just to cut the old ones off and put the others on?

Thanks for the quick replies by the way

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Mufflers to not need to be welded. As mine are not :) Thank goodness save some cutting for the new duels

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Mioght look into sound clips on the hooker max flows there cheap quiet and strait thru. Its a turbomustnag (the turbo even makes the exhaust quieter) but it gives you an idea of how quiet they are yet make a good sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76Bs3jRIgA

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 14 of 14 Posts