TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys at the title states I am looking to put on new coil springs and shocks and I know most people will tell me to do the 1.5-2 inch drop but I would like to remain at stock height or even a little higher in the rear. Right now my rear sags a little more then the front and its annoying me so much, I acutally bottomed out on a parking lot entrance ramp the other day and it pissed me off so much.

I do eventually plan to put some cobra r replicas on sooner or later and I love how the high rearend looks with wider tires. I found Moog springs for like $90 a pair but I have never really heard anything good about moog parts usually just negative things. So my question is, who makes decent inexspensive springs of stock height? and where can I get them? And last but not least who wants to help me install them once I get them lol.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
driving dynamics might be a wee different since you have a 3.8, but i would track down a set of take off springs from another 3.8 car and a set of Monroe shocks will do just fine.....

and its easy on your budget.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So buy some NOS OEM 3.8 springs? The stockers are good quality, do you not like the ride quality?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ahh , why do you suggest that? I am willing to pay for new as long as its not like a 320$ eibach kit or something.
the OEM springs are more than likely obsolete. Im trying to give you an easy answer, dont be difficult.

Your options for a STOCK ride height are limited since you dont want Moog aftermarket springs. You either get take offs, NOS springs, or aftermarket lowering springs, but since you dont want to lower the car, thats out of the question.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah ok now im getting it lol, I wasn't trying to be difficult I just wasn't understanding the reason for the used springs but now I get it. Thanks for the help with that. Now who wants to help? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.