TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my grandfather passed away back in febuary my dad got his 1964 Ford F-350. We're looking for a good site dealing with older trucks. Maybe some info on what engines were available and such as that.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
yup fordtrucks is pretty good as well as LMC mag. I've got an old 57 half ton that is going to be started and done one of these days when i find some $$$ and I will definately be over there a lot.

Joe

·
Registered
649 Posts
LMC has a wide variety of replacement parts. One of the biggest I have seen for many makes and eras of trucks.

But after restoring two trucks and using LMC parts. Keep in mind that these parts will never look as good as the orig. and they will not fit as easy either. You will have to tweak and fabricate parts to make them fit.

I am very picky about how the vehicle looks so it bothered me for awhile that it wasn't "factory" looking enough. I eventualy got over it because there weren't really any new OEM parts available and the aftermarket stuff looked better than what was on the truck to begin with.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. It looks like I'm gonna have some reading to do.

I think we're gonna start putting some money into it sometime after I get finished with the birds.

As if they can actually ever actually be finished. There's so much to do and so little money.

·
Registered
663 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts