TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be a member here over a decade ago, and sold my 94 13.7 1/4 mile ride...Now I am older and actually have money to build one up. My budget is around 10K for a side project...Serious cars only...Don't want a $2K garage project...want something solid and sound as a platform to start with...

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Good luck with the project, your best bet is Craigslist for a solid roller if you don't want somebody else's POS project.. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
There is a 94-95 V8 Thunderbird in Jackson Missouri with low mileage, 40-50K I think, very clean interior, the leather is drying out. It's gold in color and needs paint, clear coat is coming off. They were wanting $1700 but it has been sitting a couple months since I looked at it. Motor Sports Unlimited who is selling it, there phone # is 573 243 9962. If you come to Jackson Mo, look me up. I've got some performance parts that fit that year and I might sell.
Read ya later, Nick

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Good luck with the project, your best bet is Craigslist for a solid roller if you don't want somebody else's POS project.. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Agree that Craigslist or Autotrader would be the best but - BUT to find an old cream puff that's been garage kept it's whole life. You might have to come off about $6-7k for a nice one.

Solid roller, what exactly is that? If it needs paint and interior and an engine, how is that solid? Paint cost a lot ($5k and up), and nice interior pieces are hard to come by, if even available. You're better off finding a nice, clean, running car to start with. Will save money in the long run.

Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to be a member here over a decade ago, and sold my 94 13.7 1/4 mile ride...Now I am older and actually have money to build one up. My budget is around 10K for a side project...Serious cars only...Don't want a $2K garage project...want something solid and sound as a platform to start with...
Where are you located? I have a nice 95 LX 88k miles Black with grey leather interior in nice shape, factory paint except hood.
GA car no rust very clean no dents
Has lots of performance parts.
Custom 18x9.5 cobra wheels 5x4.25 pattern, steel cowl hood, Teskid block with forged crank, rods and pistons, ported cammed 2V heads and intake. Built trans with 3800 PI triple disk stall, 4:11 LSD. 2.5 duals from kooks SS headers back with x pipe. Upgraded front brakes and supension, etc
The list goes on and on.
Here are some pics

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Solid roller, what exactly is that? If it needs paint and interior and an engine, how is that solid?
Solid roller = Camshaft

Roller = Chassis with wheels / No engine or not running

Solid Roller Vehicle = Rust free Chassis, Engine runs / No mechanical issues.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
^^I hear ya. I took his request below as meaning he didn't want a Craigslist hooptie. Though you can find creampuffs on there.
Don't want a $2K garage project...want something solid and sound as a platform to start with...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you checked out my car? It’s about as solid as I’ve seen and basically already built. Call me if you have any questions about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wife and I are flying down for the Eagles concert in Atlanta...Would you be willing to drive it to ATL to let me take a look at it? This won't be until Feb 6th-9th. Ford SVT Bird, I will probably reach out to you in the next few weeks or so. Meeting with a builder to build our vacation home, so that takes priority over a toy...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts